CHAPTER 2•12

Enter the Void

Dawn was laying on her stomach, her body crumpled against the bruises and cuts along her body as she couldn't move. Her entire being was scratched away by the Red Lotus. They have gotten their wish, and as Dawn knew what they were planning, she was going to die. She felt it deep down and first they were going to get Korra. Her mind was littered with this thought, and she couldn't even move her body without whimpering in pain. "Dawn..." she heard softly, and she closed her eyes tighter. She couldn't face the man next to her, her failure eating away at her pride.

"Dawn, please tell me you're at least awake." Tenzin pleaded, the girl looking over him with no light to her eyes.

"I am, but barely." She coughed, struggling to get up as Tenzin pushed her back to the ground.

"Just stay down." He whispered, his eyes scanning over her body as a large gash was cut to her side. Blood was still pouring out and Tenzin bit his lip as he placed more pressure to her wound as she groaned. "You're bleeding pretty bad." He told her as she cried softly.

"I just need some water." She muttered and that's when doors opened up, Dawn looked over Ghazan and he picked her up as she held in her groan.

"Let go of her!" Tenzin yelled and Ming-Hua pushed him to the ground and encased her body with water.

"Do we have a deal?" Zaheer asked and Dawn was set near him as she gasped.

"I want to hear Dawn first." Korra pleaded, and Zaheer looked to the Protector while placing the microphone near her mouth.

"Korra... don't do this." Dawn stated as Zaheer pulled it away from her.

"Yes, we have a deal. You release the Air Benders and you don't hurt Dawn, and then I'll turn myself over." Korra said.

"And take away the only leverage I have? No. I can't do that. Listen carefully. Here's what I want you to do." Zaheer told her and he placed out his terms and agreements while Korra followed them precisely and hung up the radio call.

Dawn winced as she felt something cool touch her side, looking at Zaheer. "Can't have you going just yet. We don't know how you and the Avatar's link fully works." Zaheer told her as she looked up at him with sad eyes.

"I think I'm going to tell you?" She asked and Zaheer pressed harder into her wound as she groaned.

"I know you won't. That's why when we have Korra, you'll be the one to watch her die first." He smirked and she glared at with the rest of her strength.

Dawn was lifted back into a room with Tenzin, the man seeing she was bandaged up, but not healed completely to keep her weakened. The white cloth already soaked in her blood as she was sat back down and chained.

"Dawn?" Tenzin asked and she gave him a sad look.

"Korra is going to get captured." She breathed out, Tenzin frowning and the two sat in silence for what was about to take place.

<><><>

Dawn was chained to the floor along with Tenzin, her vision going blurry as she looked up when she heard footsteps. "Mako, what's going on?" Korra asked and Dawn looked around, bodies behind her with hoods over their heads while she saw Tenzin passed out on the floor.