CHAPTER 1•05

Civil War II

Chains were snapped over Dawn's wrists as she kept her lips parted, confusion hitting her like a wave of water. "How could I be part of your assassination?" She asked him, angered as Mako was arguing with one of the troops.

"You were in the room when Varrick made his plans, weren't you?" He asked and Dawn frowned. She was in there, Varrick's warning of him telling her and Korra's parents that war was upon them.

"Yes, but- -" and Unalaq rolled his eyes.

"Take her away." He interrupted, the troops pulling her along as she gasped when they grabbed her harshly and took her into the van, opening the door to see Senna and Tonraq.

"Senna? Tonraq?" She asked, the parents raising their eyebrows.

"Dawn, just let them take you." Tonraq said as the girl scoffed and glared at Unalaq.

"I hope your happy, because when Korra sees me in here, she's going to kick your ass!" She yelled just as the doors slammed in her face, the girl huffing out steam from her nose in anger.

<><><>

Dawn was placed at the accused table, a frown permanently placed on her lips as she glared at Unalaq with a spark in her eyes. "Dawn, calm down." Senna whispered and Dawn sighed, taking in a deep breath.

"He had no right to do this." She breathed out and looked to Korra and Mako as they had sad looks on their faces.

"This trail will now come to order! Judge Hotah presiding." The presenter said while Dawn looked at the chains on her wrists.

"I was asleep in my chambers when the rebels attacked. They overpowered me, and the next thing I remember was waking up in the snow after Avatar Korra had saved me." Unalaq stated.

"According to Unalaq's testimony, you attended a meeting where Varrick tried to incite a civil war. Is that true?" The judge asked Korra, Dawn frowning.

"Yes." She answered.

"And were these men present at that meeting?" He asked her.

"Well, yes, but- -"

"And where exactly did this meeting take place?" The judge asked her.

"Objection!" A voice called out and Dawn glared at Bolin.

"Quiet down out there!" The judge yelled angrily. "I'll ask you one more time. Where did this meeting happen?"

"My parent's house." Korra said sadly.

"And who led this meeting?" The judge kept questioning.

"Your honor if I may..." Bolin started and the judge snapped his gaze over him.

"May what?" He asked.

"May I... declare a mistrial?" Bolin asked in a squeaking voice.

"Sit down. Varrick and your father led the meeting, didn't they?" He asked Korra.