CHAPTER 2•01

A Breath of Fresh Air

Dawn, Korra, Jenora and Tenzin were walking through the spirit vine forest that was created by Unalaq and Vaatu. Dawn was wearing her police uniform as she was now officially on Chief Beifong's force and she frowned while the spirits followed behind her and Jenora.

Korra stopped at a house and looked over the vines that wrapped around the inside and out. "How are we ever gonna clear away all these vines?" Korra asked as she flipped her glider and used her firebending to try and remove the vines, but when they moved when they perished, the vines would just grow back to where they started. Korra scoffed as she threw a small tantrum. "I don't get it! I can vanquish Vaatu, but not a bunch of stupid vines?" Korra asked.

"I'm sure you'll find a way." Tenzin said happily.

"Why do you wanna get rid of them? You changed the world. We're connected with the spirits again. The wilds are their home." Jenora told Korra as she was petting one of the spirits.

Dawn giggled at Jenora and felt a nudge in her thigh as she looked down and saw a spirit by her. She knelt down and pet him. "People aren't spiritually connected like us, Jenora. These used to be people's homes." She reminded the girl.

"I don't think the people who used to live here are as excited about it as you are." Korra told her and she removed the vines to walk out of the forest and back to the clearing. "Time to go tell the press I still don't have a way to get rid of the vines. This should be fun." Korra muttered as Dawn looked to her friend.

"It's going to be fine. You're the Avatar, not some clean up crew." She breathed out as Korra smiled and they both took their gliders and started flying towards Raiko's building.

Dawn and Korra flew down next to Raiko and the press started jumping up and down to try and get their answers. "A few questions, please!"

"Avatar Korra, Protector Dawn! Do you regret the way you handled the Unalaq crisis?" A reporter asked.

"Why are you forcing the integration of spirits in Republic City?" Another asked while Dawn rolled her eyes.

"Listen, I've been trying everything I can think of to get rid of these vines, but- -"

"Why can't you fix this?"

"Are the vines here to stay?"

"Is this part of your new world order?" The reports all interrupted as Dawn sighed.

"Look! Harmonic Convergence was just a couple weeks ago. I just need a little more time to get everything back to normal." Korra explained.

"The Avatar has put us all in a very difficult position, but my administration- -"

"Really? You want to start this, because your polls are bad? Low move." Dawn growled at the president and he glared at her.

"Oh! I'm sorry. Did I put you in a difficult position by fighting the giant force of pure evil that was going to destroy the whole world?" Korra asked while grabbing his face. "Maybe your administration could've handle that!" Korra growled at him.

Chief Beifong pushed the two away and got on the podium. "That's all! No more questions!" Chief Beifong announced and she looked to Dawn.