CHAPTER 2•13

Venom of the Red Lotus

As Dawn was sitting on the back of Oogie, her mind lost in thought as they tried getting towards the caves as fast as they could to save Korra and the Air Benders, Dawn felt a small twinge of pain on her limbs. She gasped, looking at her arms first and then her legs as Mako raised an eyebrow. "Dawn?" He asked, waiting for her reply as the girl then felt a wave of fire wash over her blood stream.

The girl screamed, her eyes glowing pure white as she was casted into a dark space, glowing green crystals surrounded her as she looked up to see Korra sting up by platinum cuffs, a metallic liquid being forced through her body.

Her screams echoed in her ears, Dawn gasping. "Korra!" She yelled, only to snap back to be on Oogie's saddle and Mako over her. "We have to go faster! Korra's in trouble!" She yelled, Tenzin nodding his head and pushed Oogie to go faster.

"The place where I saw them taking the Air Benders is around here." Kai told them, Dawn looking under them.

"That's gotta be where they took Korra." Mako said and Kai pointed towards the Air Nomad statues that were built around the entrance.

"That's it! Down there, Lefty." Kai said softly to his bison and they landed softly, Tenzin on the ground as Dawn looked to him sadly.

"Find the Air Benders. And my family." Tenzin pleaded.

"Don't worry. I'm not coming out without our children and the rest of your people." Su promised and Dawn looked to Mako, Bolin, and Asami.

"We have to go." She said and they all rushed with Su and Lin.

They bended their own tunnel, making their way to follow the groups earth echo and when they reached the guards, Lin attacked them quickly as Dawn leveled the earth back to normal and rushed away from the group, not reuniting with her friends and family.

She could feel her head exploding with warnings, and the headache pain behind her eyes traveled down to her stomach as she felt like she was about to throw up from being so anxious.

She followed instincts just in time to see Korra in her Avatar State, the wind blowing around her and she saw Zaheer, Ming-Hua, and Ghazan all surrounding her.

She growled lowly and planted her feet on the ground, breaking down the wall behind her and bended the biggest boulder she could while throwing it at Zaheer first. Ghazan and Ming-Hua turned to face her as she smirked. "Miss me?" She asked and the Ming-Hua was the one to flip towards Dawn and the dual began.

Ming-Hua struck a water jet with the tip over over into a sharp point at Dawn, but the girl cartwheeled away from her, her eyes turning pure white and swirled her hands together to created a wheel of fire, tossing at Ming-Hua who was thrown into the wall behind her.

Dawn took a deep breath, looking to see Korra bend four large boulders, spinning them in a circle as she gained a burst of air to toss them around her to give her space from the Red Lotus.

Her mouth opened as flames erupted from her, the girl screaming in anger as Dawn went towards her. "Korra." She said, grabbing her hand.

The Avatar looked over her and her eyes stayed glowing as she flexed her hand, a small spike of electricity erupted between the girls and Dawn gasped.