199. Real Life

Christmas came and went in a blink of an eye and both Evelyn and Chris were now getting ready to head to Ian and Nina's house in Louisiana for New Year as well as for Nina's birthday.

"Alright are we all set?" Chris asked and Evelyn nodded

"Yes, I already called In to let him know we should be arriving to Louisiana by 6," she said and Chris nodded

"Nina must be exited to know we're coming," Chris chuckled

"I think she's more excited then Phoenix is to see his cousins" she agreed with a chuckle as she buckled Lykan into his carrier before standing up, "alright let's get going"

After buckling Legacy into his car seat and placing the carrier into its base, the pair climbed into their own seats with Chris pulling out of the driveway before driving towards the air port where they'll be leaving the car for the next three weeks since they'll be staying with Evelyn's family the first week before they went to Chris' hometown where they'll be staying another week before they went to Florida for that next week then they'll be heading back to LA. With Supergirl on hold due to the pandemic, Evelyn and Chris will be enjoying their time as much as they can seeing as they won't be flying to Vancouver anytime soon.

Half an hour later the pair were boarding their private plane with the copilot carrying their suitcases to the compartment below deck.

"I guess the trip to the airport wore them down" Chris said as he carried Legacy up the steps behind Evelyn who carried Lykan.

"They didn't have their naps yet so it's no surprise they dozed off on the way here" she said as they made their way to their private room to lay them both down on the bed.

"Why don't you get some sleep too? You were up all night with Lykan and you look exhausted" Chris said and Evelyn nodded with a tired smile, "I'll wake you when we're about to land okay?"

"Aren't you going to get some sleep too?"

"I will but not right now" Chris answer and she nodded and so with that Chris gave his wife and sons a kiss on the forehead each before leaving the room.

*****

And like promised, Chris woke Evelyn up when they were ten minutes from landing. The boys had woken up once or twice since they took off but other than that they had slept all through the flight and Chris did join them for a short nap.

"Ian said he'll be waiting for us at the airport" Chris said and Evelyn nodded as she yawned, "did you have a good sleep?"

"Yeah, the boys would be waking soon too," she said and just as she said that, the door to the room opened and Legacy poked his head out while rubbing his eyes, "And speaking of" she stood up and walked over to him and the little boy looked up with sleepy eyes and smiled, "did you have a good nap?"

"Mhm" he mumbled holding his arms towards her and Evelyn reached down and picked him making the little boy rest his head in her shoulder, "come on then, let's get you something to eat" she carried him towards Chris and placed him down on the seat beside him before grabbing the diaper bag and taking out some snacks for the toddler.

Soft whimpers echoed through the baby monitor and Evelyn stood up and Chris took over feeding Legacy as she went to get Lykan.

"Hi baby" Evelyn cooed as picked the whimpering baby from the carryon crib and the boy instant settled down upon hearing his mother's voice, "let's get you fed and changed before we join daddy and Legacy"

The plane soon began its descent a few moments later as Evelyn finished dressing the baby. She rejoined her husband and toddler in the cabin and strapped Lykan into his carrier.

"Daddy ook!" Legacy exclaimed pressing his face tot he window making Chris and Evelyn smile at his excitement, "so many pwanes"

"Are you excited to see uncle Ian?" Chris asked -once the plane had stopped moving and they were allowed to get up- and the little boy nodded his head beaming up at him.

"And auntie neens" he added

"And your cousins" Evelyn added and Legacy nodded with a bright smile. Once they had the carryon crib and diaper bag packed up they climbed down the steps of their plane where their suitcases were already waiting for them.

"Alright, let's get going" Chris said taking over the cart and pushing it towards the exit where they were met with Ian.

"Welcome home" Ian said as soon as they reached him making the couple roll their eyes, "how was your flight?"

"It was good, the boys and I slept the entire flight only waking up to eat" Evelyn replied making Ian chuckle as he helped Chris put the suitcases into the trunk. Once both kids were strapped into their respective seats with Evelyn in the back, and Chris in the passenger's seat, Ian pulled out of the parking by lot and drove towards his and Nina's house.

"Mom and Dad are excited to see you" Ian said looking at Evelyn through the rear view mirror

"So am I," she replied giving him a smile, "it feels like it's been years since we all got together"

"You can say that again"

The rest of the ride was spent with them talking about everything and anything and before they knew it, Ian was pulling into the driveway of his house where Nina was already waiting outside with Arrow and Cassie.

Once greetings had been exchanged, Chris and Evelyn were shown to their room where they can set their suitcases down before joining the older Somerhalder and Nina for dinner.