160. Real Life

It was only an hour before Evelyn was due to come home from filming the latest episode of supergirl, so Chris began his surprise for his wife to show his love and just make her feel extra special as it was Valentine's Day.

Having put the dogs in another part of the house-to keep them from getting in the way- and Legacy in the nursery asleep, Chris decorated the living room in roses and balloons before lining the hall towards their room with rose petals and placing making a heart made of roses on the middle of the bed with the remainder of balloons on each side of the bed then he went into the master bathroom and doing the same in there minus the balloons, instead he filled the tub with water and tossing some petals in and lighting candles along the edges of the tub.

A buzz in his pocket alerted him he had received a text and took his phone out seeing a new text from Chy saying that Evelyn had left a few minutes ago and that she should be arriving home soon which was enough time to finish. Sending her a thank you text he put his phone away and looked at his work before smiling.

"Perfect, now time to check on the little one before Evie arrives" he said before doing just that and left his rom and walked across the hall to check in on the sleeping baby and smiled.

The sound of tired against the gravel outside made him smile realizing that Evelyn had arrived just as he had been informed and returned to his room to wait for Evelyn.

Evelyn on the other hand had no idea that her husband had prepared a surprise for her while she had been at set filming. She did however, stop by the store to buy him a gift which consisted of his favorite cologne, chocolate, and a card. Turning off the engine, she grabbed everything she needed and got out do the car locking it on the way to the front and opened the door and upon seeing the living room filled with roses and balloons, she couldn't help but gasp at the sight.

Well now I feel like a fool for buying his a cologne she thought as her eyes took in everything in the room before noticing a trial is petals and smiled before following it towards their room where she was met with yet again another room filled with roses and ballots but what caught her attention was the man in the middle.

"Chris" she whispered before dropping her things and running to him, "this is so sweet"

"It's what you deserve babe" he replied once they pulled back and wiped Evelyn's tears away and she looked at the bed to see the roses in a shape of a heart

"How long did it take you to do all this?" She asked

"2 hours tops. I finished a little bit ago just before you got here actually" he replied grabbing her hand and leadings her to the bathroom and she raised a brow but didn't question it and gasped yet again at the sight in front of her.

Rose petals covered the tiled floor with the candles on the counters and around the bathtub that she noticed was filled with roses

"You didn't have to go all out" she said and Chris only smiled

"I know but I wanted to do it because you deserve to be showered with love all the time I just wanted to go a little over the top today" he replied adding, "Now, why don't you take a bath while I go cook us something to eat?"

"Won't you join me?" She asked

"Once dinner is done I'll come join you"

"Okay"

********

"So how was last night?" Chy asked the following day as Evelyn met up with Chy and Nicole for lunch since they were on break from filming

"It was amazing. Chris surprised me with a warm bath and dinner" she replied and Nicole smiled

"You're a lucky girl Evie to have such an incredible husband like him that always does everything to make you feel like the queen that you are" Nicole said

"He does. Ever since we knew each other when we were younger, Chris always did all he could to make me happy even going the extra mile on my birthday in high school. He bought me a giant freaking teddy bear that is now in Legacy's nursery and roses. He's always doing things to make releo special and I love that about him. I told him that he didn't have to or need to go over the top to show me that he loved me but he said that he wanted to make me feel extra special last night and it's not the first time though." she replied with a chuckle and shake of her head, "I on the other hand bought him a cologne with a new shirt and chocolate. I felt utterly stupid now I don't know what to do to make it up to him"

"You can always go on vacation just the two of you and I can look after Legacy for you until you get back. You don't even have to go for long just a few days and just spend time together. I know how it's been for you both since having the baby and with you working" Chy said and Evelyn but her bottom lip before nodding because she was right. They haven't spent a day alone after their son was born and she was back on set filming season four of Supergirl. And it's a matter of time before the tabloids begin writing articles about them having marital problems due to them not spending time together.

"Are you sure you're okay with watching Legacy and the dogs for a few days?" Evelyn asked and Chy nodded

"Of course. You and Chris need time together away and besides I'm pretty sure I'll be getting help from our friends with the dogs" Chy said and Nicole pipped in

"I mean I can take the dogs and watch them if that would be okay with you that is"

"I don't know what I'd do without you two" Evelyn said with a smile and her two friends across her smiled

"What are friends for?" Nicole asked

"Now come on let's get back to set before we're yelled at for being late" Chy said and they all nodded and after paying for their food, the three women got in Evelyn's car and drove back to set.