126. Article

Christopher Wood surprises Evelyn Somerhalder-Wood  with a Baby Shower! Cue the awes

Evelyn Somerhalder-Wood is getting ready for her first child with husband Christopher Wood. The two wed in June and a week ago they announced that they were expecting their first child together by posting almost similar pictures where it shows the Supergirl star holding onto her belly. The pair kept the pregnancy a secret until recently.

Nina Somerhalder and Katie Cassidy were among the guests at a private baby shower held at The Vatican Banquet Hall for the Supergirl star over the weekend, a source confirms to PEOPLE. And what makes it even better is that Somerhalder's husband Christopher Wood put it all together!

"Chris orchestrated it all - Evelyn was so surprised!" an onlooker tells PEOPLE, adding that Nina- Evelyn's sister in law- and co-star Chyler Leigh had asked to hang out that morning and Chris along with brother in law Ian had gone to the Hall a few minutes after they had left to see the finishing touches that a close friend of the couple, Jeff Leathman was working on "It was a wonderful day - the weather was perfect and Evelyn was super happy to celebrate with her girlfriends."

The three-hour celebration was held last Saturday. Following the shower - which featured a hot chocolate bar - a few guests continued the celebration at Wood and Somerhalder's home, E! News reports.

Want all the latest pregnancy and birth announcements, plus celebrity mom blogs? Click here to get those and more in the PEOPLE Babies newsletter.