97. Real Life

"What's with the long face?" Evelyn heard looking up to see Chris standing there with a brow raised and arms crossed before looking back down at the screen of her laptop

"Just got a message from Greg confirming the season premiere of Supergirl for October 14th. And also about ComicCon that was coming up in a few weeks" she said and Chris nodded "He said that we'll be flying to Vancouver to meet the new cast then from there we'd be flying to San Diego"

"That's great sweetheart but I'm still trying to figure why you look upset?" Chris said with a frown and Evelyn sighed closing her laptop and placing it on the coffee table giving Chris her undecided attention

"Because you're not going to be on the show with me anymore and it's going to be strange not acting with you anymore" she said and Chris gave his wife a small smile

"Just because I'm not going to be on the show anymore doesn't mean that I won't be on set watching you film. Nor does it mean that I won't be with you at ComicCon either. I may not be a cast member anymore but Im still going to be there watching you do your thing" he said cupping her face, "besides I'll be at comic con with you and the others just not as part of the cast"

"But I want you to be with me on stage. Why did they have to do this? It's not fare. The fans are all upset that Kara and Mon-Eld don't have their happy ending...hell I'm upset they didn't get together after everything they've been through" Evelyn sniffled as tears blurred her eyes making Chris pull her into his arms. He didn't understand it either. He's beber thing to figure that out since the finale and yet he still couldn't figure it out. Why would the writers promise something to the fans when they had been asked about Kara and mon-els future on last years comic con? It just doesn't make any sense at all. He was pisses to say the least. He hated the fact that he was no longer part of the show but more posses off that Evelyn was upset because she had been so happy when she read the script about them being together in the end only have her happiness ripped away like a bandaid.

"If there is a season 5 hopefully we'll see Mon-El back on the show. But for now we have to deal with the way the writers and production ended things" Chris murmured and Evelyn shook her head as tears continued rolling down her face.

"Ugh, I wish I could just leave the show and be home with you" she mumbled making Chris chuckle

"You'll eventually leave the show when you begin showing and the fans will begin to suspect things. And then you'll be on leave for a while after the baby is born" he said pulling back to wipe her tears away and Evelyn sighed

"I don't even want to go to Comic Con this year" she said and he raised a brow

"Why not? I thought you enjoyed the event?" He said and she rolled her eyes

"You're not going to be at my side on stage" she mumbled

"I'm not going to be on stage with you yes, but I'm still going to be there at the side or front row. Baby you're going to be just fine" he assured her and Evelyn nodded, "Now tell me when are you due to be in Vancouver?"

"Next month since Comic-Con is from July 19-22" she answered and he nodded

"Alright. Until then let's not worry about us not working together anymore or any of that stuff Alright? Why don't we go out for dinner?" He questioned and Evelyn couldn't help but smile at her husband. She was so damn lucky to have him not just as her husband but also as her best friend. Meeting him all those years was truly a blessing in disguise. She never thought that one simple hello from him would lead to this. To them being married, staring in two shows together and even starting a family. But she wouldn't change any of that for anything in the world.

"Have I told you how I love you?" She asked and Chris smiled before standing up and holding a hand for her to take making her give him a questioning look but he only raised a brow waiting for her to take his hand and she did shaking her head. Once Evelyn was on her feet, Chris pulled her close and with his other hand pressed a button on the remote he was holding and soon the living room was filled with soft music playing in the back ground making Evelyn laugh.

The song playing in the background was the song that she declared as theirs when they began dating . It was called Still The One by Shania Twain.

"Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday"

Chris sang as he swayed Evelyn to the song making her smile. They've come so far in the past few years and they may have had a long way to get to where they were but in the end it they made it because no matter what life had thrown their way they still made it in the end and they coding be happier then they were now.

Many people didn't think that Chris and Evelyn would make it that they wouldn't end up being together but they process everyone wrong because nothing could break them. Rumors, lies and people who wan them apart can never make it happen because they know each other know that they'd never do anything to hurt the other.

"I love you so much," Evelyn murmured as the song came to an end and they just continued to sway to the silence, foreheads pressed together

"I love you too, sweetheart"