1. Article

Supergirl Season Finale Recap: "Better Angels"

And so we've come/to the eeeeeend of the roooooad/Still I caaaan't leeeet goooo

And so we've come/to the eeeeeend of the roooooad/Still I caaaan't leeeet goooo ... Here we are at the end of Season One of CBS's Supergirl. In Episode 20, Supergirl faces off against Non and Indigo for the last time (hopefully?). But not before making taking a Goodbye Tour and visiting her closest friends. You know, just in case. Welcome to the last episode of the season, "Better Angels."

**THIS IS A RECAP - SPOILERS ARE PART OF THE TERRITORY.**

S1, Episode 20 - The Recap

When we last left the Girl of Steel she was about to fight Alex, who was under Myriad's thrall. Non had given her a choice: "kill Alex, or let Alex kill you. Either way, you lose." What Non didn't realize is that there was a third option: snap Alex out of her Myriad-induced trance. J'onn flew to Midvale and brought back Eliza to get to Alex through Non's programming. It works, and Alex is broken free from Myriad.

Now, Supergirl-with the help of Maxwell Lord and Cat Grant-attempts to do the same for the people of National City. Since Myriad affects the part of the brain where we keep our hope feelings and is being transmitted digitally, Team Supergirl attempts to piggyback on the frequency while broadcasting using analog signals to send Supergirl's message and symbol of hope to the brainwashed masses, encouraging them to listen to their "Better Angels," so to speak. Slowly, people in National City start snapping out of it, until eventually the people are free! The day is saved! Right?

Well, not exactly, because Non and Indigo get so pissed that their original Myriad plan didn't work that they decide to go off and enslave some other world. But not before they kill all the humans on this one. As Maxwell Lord explains to the celebrating DEO, they're slowly increasing the frequency of Myriad. If they can't brainwash humanity, they might as well explode their brains. Supergirl and J'onn are the only ones unaffected by the Myriad signal, but J'onn was weakened from his fight with Indigo, so Supergirl may have to face Non and Indigo and save the world alone, with no guarantee of getting out alive. From the moment Lord tells them this, they have 4 hours to save the world.