39. Real Life

"How are you feeling?" Chris asked as he and Evelyn got in his car and Evelyn smiled

"Good" she replied and he nodded. Chris, though knew Evelyn was felling good, felt that she should stay home a few more days but she was stubborn like her brother and refused to stay home. Today was the first day of the San Diego Comic Con and also Evelyn's first public/work appearance since the accident.

When she got out do the hospital, she was on bed res for a few weeks and even after that she hadn't left their home. Chris was very sweet in caring for her but Evelyn was also getting quite restless and wanting to be out and about with him and if he thought she'd back up now when they were only minutes from arriving at the airport then he was crazy. There was no way she would back up now.

"Are you sure you're up to it?" He asked as they pulled into the airport parking lot man f Evelyn raise a brow at her fiancée

"I'm positive and if you ask me one more time I'm going to slap you" she wanted making him chuckle and turn the engine off. Their costars were already in the private plane waiting for them when they passed though security.

"And here we thought that Chris would tie you to a bed post and lock the key to keep you from coming with us" Chy teased when they saw the couple making Chris roll his eyes

"As much as I wanted to keep her home, she refused" he replied letting Evelyn slid into her seat before taking his seat beside her

Evelyn had been trying hard to give Chris what he wanted, really because she knew that the crash had affected him so much, far more than it had her. He hadn't been sleeping properly he was always on edge never relaxing. He was always worrying about her. She had been letting him get away with being overprotective because she knew it made him comfortable and happy. He had been her caretaker since she's been out of the hospital. They were never apart from each other. When Chris had shoot his scenes for Supergirl, Evelyn as on the side lines watching and when she had to film scenes, he was there watching making sure she didn't overdue herself.

But Comic-Con was not something that she was going to pass up just because Chris thought she wasn't up for it, she wasn't going to sacrifice it for anything in the world. This was a way for Evelyn to let her fans know that she was back on her feet that she was back in action. The fans had been supportive and loving that she wanted to give back. So if that mean sitting on a chair and answering questions for a few hours than that what she was going to do. That was what she WANTED to do.

"It's not like I'll be doing somersaults or jumping off a building guys. Its just answering questions and taking pictures" Evelyn said and looked at Chris," And you'll be with me the whole time remember? You'll know if I'm not feeling well before I even know it"

"I just don't want you pushing yourself too much" he murmured and as annoying as her fiancée was being right now, Evelyn couldn't help but melt at how caring and loving he was. She knew he was this sweet but that was before they got together. Now that they were dating and engaged he's gotten far more protective of her. Blake was never like that. He didn't worry or care about her wellbeing as much as Chris did even when they were just friends.

"You have nothing to worry about babe. I'm Supergirl and you're Mon-El. We're a package deal, remember? We're indestructible" she said as she wrapped her arms around his torso and leaning her head on his chest and Chris sighed wrapping his arms around her and kissing the top of her head.

"I guess you're right" he mumble with a smile and tightened his arms around her gently as the plane began to move down the runway before taking off, "Just promise me something though"

"What is that?" Evelyn asked looking up at him with her bright blues and he smiled tucking a stay pice of hair behind her ear ignoring the cooing and awing of their cast mates who have been watching the display the whole time

"Let me know if you're feeling tired or hurting in anyway okay?" He asked and she smiled resting her head bald on his chest and closing her eyes

"You'll know even before I tell you" she reminded him with a teasing tone to her voice making him chuckle and shake his head

"I guess" he shrugged making Evelyn shake her head with a smile

"Love you" she murmured

"Love you too babe"