30. Real Life

The crew and cast filmed a final scene for Supergirl and Evelyn was exhausted and she knew Chris was as well but he still volunteered to help put away the equipment along with a few of their friends. Chris, as always, walked Evelyn to her car since they had driven in separate cars due to them having different shooting schedules and Evelyn wanting to sleep in a bit more before having to be at work.

"I'll see you at home in about 30 minutes" Chris said as he walked velan to her car and she nodded

"Text me to let me know you got home in once piece okay?" Chris said as she got in her car and the actress sighed and rolled her eyes but nodded her head nonetheless. She leaned out the window as Chris leaned down and they shared a tender kiss before he moved away letting Evelyn drive off toward their shared apartment.

Evelyn, with a final wave at Chris, pulled out of the set parking lot and drove home. The radio was playing one of her favorite songs, Total Eclipse Of The Heart, and she of course sang along. She was at a red light waiting for for the light to switch and the radio continued playing in the background. She turned her signal on and just as she made the turn, the sound of a tires screeching and a horn blasting reached her ears but it was already to late. The car flipped and turned causing Evelyn to slam her head on the steering wheel and roof of the car before darkness consumed her.

Chris a few more minutes as Evelyn made her way out of the parking lot of the building they were filming and waved at her when she waved before heading back inside

"She's going to be fine, Chris. Didn't she say she was going to grab something for dinner before heading home?" Chy asked when he returned to help and he nodded

"Yeah but still I can't help but worry sometimes" he replied and she nodded understanding his worries. They busier themselves with putting away the light things first before moving onto the heavier and buffers things such as the big lights and cameras.

Chris sighed as he hung up the phone and he began to worry. Evelyn always picked up her phone whether she's driving- her phones connected to her car system through Bluetooth, or when she's at the store so having his call go to voicemail was worrying.

"Hey baby I've been calling you for the past 20 minutes to let you know I'll be home in ten minutes please call me as soon as you get this so I know you're okay. Love you" he hung up the phone and began helping his friends out the cameras and the rest of the equipment away. He could feel their eyes on him but ignored them. They all had that unspoken question, what's got your head in the clouds but wouldn't voice it. That nagging feeling that something was wrong was still bugging him and he couldn't concentrate on anything.

"Hey, I've been calling you for half an hour but you wouldn't pick up what happened?" he spoke into the speakers before frowning when the voice he heard wasn't the one he was expecting

"Hello is this Mr. Christopher Wood?" The voice questioned confusing the actor even more

"That would be me, who is this?" He asked standing the hall with the phone pressed to his ear

"I'm calling from St. Paul's Medical Center in regards of a patient we've just admitted"

He knew it. He just knew something was wrong when Evelyn didn't pick up. His gut was telling him something was wrong but he didn't want to think it was this serious. He felt his world freezing over and his mind overthinking.

Chris could only ask one important question. The only question that kept crossing his mind. In that moment he didn't care what had transpired, how it had happened or why. The one thing that would make a difference.