125.Real Life

"Hey babe?" Evelyn said as she walked down the hall from their bedroom making Chris glance up from his laptop

"Yeah?" He asked pushing off his seat and walking over to his very pregnant wife and placing a hand on her belly feeling the baby move.

"Nina just asked if I'd join her and a few of the girls on their trip to the mall" she said and Chris hummed

"I don't see why not. You've been cooped in here ever for the past couples week. I think it'll do you some good to go out with them" Chris answered and Evelyn nodded rubbing her belly

"Then I'll go and tell her that she can come pick me up then," the blonde said making her husband nod with a smile as she made her way to their room to grab her things

"I'll be here when you get back" Chris said with a teasing grin making her roll her eyes, kissed his cheek and then walked back down the hall towards their room, Farley and Drift in tow while Millie their new adopted kitten and Shadow and Smokey stayed back with Chris.

Checking braked in the mirror she smiled as the baby moved and couldn't believe that she was actually growing another human inside her. She shook head and fixed her hair just as the doorbell rang signaling the arrival of her friends and sister in law

"Evie, hurry." She heard Chy whine from down the hall and Evelyn rolled her eyes at the redhead before grabbing her purse from the small couch in the corner of the room and exiting the room.

"What's the rush?" Evelyn asked with a raised brow when she reentered the main room making both Nina and Chyler grin, Nina's Nelly in full display and she waddled towards her to give her a hug but with their bellies in the way it was difficult which made Ian, Chris and Chyler laugh at them when Nina and Evelyn gave each other air hugs instead

"Ugh, I can't wait to have this baby so I can see my feet and be able to hug people again" Nina huffed

"I'm not looking forward to that" Evelyn said with a shudder earning chuckles again from their friend and husbands

"Baby" little phoenix whispered in awe as he looked at his aunt's belly then at his mommy's

"Yes, there's a baby in my belly" she stated making the toddler beam, "and your mommy has a baby in hers too" she added when he pointed at his mothers tummy

"Ready to get going?" Chyler asked and both girls nodded their heads and Evelyn walked over to Chris and gave him a chaste kiss in the cheek, Nina doing the same to Ian before walking out of the house leaving both men behind

"Have fun" they called out with Chris closing the door behind him and looking up at Ian when they heard Nina yelling 'You know it!'

"Alright, time to get this party started" Chris said as he grabbed his car keys with Ian leading the  dogs out of the house and once Chris set the alarm, he locked the door behind him while unlocking his car. The dogs all jumped in once he and Ian held the back door open for them to get in before both men climbed the front and Chris turned the car on before pulling out of the driveway and making his way down to the venue.

Twenty minutes later, he pulled up in front of the Stanley Park Pavilion where he was met by the owner.  Chris's mother, Evelyn's mother, Edna and their sisters arrived a few minutes later and all headed inside to check the place out. The owner of the place showed them to the ballroom where they spotted Jeff and his team team already setting up the flower arrangements and tables. He was in awe of how beautiful the room looked.

Ian whistled as he too took in the decorated room. It was amazing.

"What do you think?" Jeff asked walking over to greet them

"This looks beautiful, Jeff" Edna said and Chris nodded his agreements making the other male smile

"I hope it's not too much" he said but Chris shook his head

"This is amazing, really. I like the colors and everything" Chris said as his eyes scanned the room. Since the ballroom was two stories high, the first floor was where the celebration would be taking place as it was big. There were tables set up all around the room in all different colors. Evelyn was going to love this.

"I'm amazed by how fast you all worked" Chris heard his mother say and looked over to see Jeff smiling

"We already knew what we had to do today since Chris and I had kept in touch after contacting me a couple weeks ago. We agreed on what was to be done so my team and I arrived a few days ago to look around the place.  We arrived here at 11 and we are just about done" Jeff said and Chris looked at his watch and saw it was only 5 pm.

"You did an amazing job" Ian said said and Jeff smiled

"Thank you, it wouldn't have been done on time if my team didn't put their all into decorating the place. And I apologize for working on it without you" Jeff said turning to the other women including Chris and Evelyn's mothers and sisters but they just shook their heads

"Don't be, Jeff. You did a beautiful job and trust me, you did a better job then we all could have done" Robyn said making the others nod and Chris to shake his head while Jeff smiled before excusing himself to go finish the last of the decorating.

"He's a true master when it comes to decorating" Edna said and Chris and the other the others couldn't agree more. The yard outside was spacious enough for the dogs to run around without interrupting the celebration.

At exactly 6 Chris got a text from Nina saying that they were done with their shopping trip and that they were on their way to the venue. The venue was all set and done by then and guests had already begun arriving from Malarkey to Mehcad and that was just their old and new cast mates.

"Alright everyone, Nina just sent me a text telling me that they were five minutes away so places everyone" Chris said into the mic and just as he was getting off the stage, the door to the ballroom swung open and in walked Evelyn followed by Nina, who waddled inside while a sleeping Phoenix was being carried in by Chyler, and the rest of the girls that had gone to the mall with them.

She was gaped as her eyes took in the decorations and the people. Once she was done gawking at the room, her eyes locked onto Chris who was grinning like a fool and she couldn't help but love him even meme now. Now she understood why Nina had sent her that text this morning, she knew and she wanted to keep it a secret.

How lucky can Evelyn get?

"Gosh this is beautiful" Evelyn said walking over to Chris who smiled and leaned down to give her a tender kiss on the lips making her smile, "how long have you been planning this?"

"A couple weeks. I had our friends and family help out" Chris said and she smiled

"I can see that" she chuckled as her eyes filled with tears but they were happy ones.

"Come on, let's go greet everyone" Chris said and so they did. Once they had greeted everyone, the party began and Evelyn couldn't think of day where she ever had this much fun and it was all because of her amazing husband, incredible friends and loving family. She was truly blessed and now she couldn't wait to meet their baby. Just a couple months to go and then they'll have their little one in their arms.

"Love you" She murmured leaning her head on Chris's shoulder a few hours later after unwrapping countless gifts and playing endless games

"Love you, princess."