54.Real Life

Wanting to lay homage to both Chris and Evelyn's routs, as well as their love of nature, the couple decided to have an outdoor wedding. The wedding was described as a romantic getaway. It was going to be low key and very intimate with close friends and family and that's what made it beautiful.

It was taking place at the Juliette Plantation in central Louisiana. The ceremony would be simple with white chairs with fake snow covering the lawn and fairy lights covering the area. The reception would bet making place a few feet away in a beautiful ballroom. The dance floor was big enough to fit all the guests and still have enough room for everyone to walk around and mingle. The food will be served accordingly. There will be a band playing jazz music to let the guests enjoy their meal. It was perfect, perfect for two of them.

"Christopher Charles Wood, I swear to the high heavens if you pace one more time up and down this isle I am going to strangle you with your tie," Ian said in exasperation while they waited for Evelyn to arrive.

"Sorry...it's just that....it's just that I'm feeling nervous. I mean what if she says no? Or she ends up divorcing me?" Chris asked his best friend, who rolled his ice blue eyes at him, while keeping an eye out for his bride to be to arrive. Their family and friends were already say and were ready to witness the couple tie the knot.

"Dude, she already said yes to going out with you, moving in with you and saying yes to being your fiancée so I doubt my sister will say no to being your wife after all that." Jeremy, who had heard it all, laughed as he patted Chris on the shoulder.

Taking a deep breath to clam his nerves he looked up and spotted Chyler come around the corner in her coral pink bridesmaids dress with a grin on her face she gave a soft nod signifying that they were ready.

"Oh god, she's here" Chris murmured as his heart began to race in his chest like thunder rumbling through the sky on a stormy day.

Little did he know that Evelyn was just, if not more nervous than he was. She was shaking as she took deep breathes as it dawned on her what she was about to do. No, she wasn't nervous about marrying Chris, hell she couldn't wait to be his wife. Her nerves were practical and rational. What if she made a fool of herself in front of everyone? What if she stepped on her dress and she went flying face first onto the ground? though I doubt her father would let that happen considering she's carrying precious cargo at the moment, or that she forgets her vows? She didn't want to embarrass herself let alone Chris.

As they made their way outside, Chyler has gone ahead to let everyone know that they were ready, and on their way. When she spotted her, everyone e took their places. Nina was at the front of the line as she was the maid of honor. The bridesmaids aside from Chyler were Cait, Emily, Kat, Robyn, Odette and Floriana. She felt a hand on hers and looked to her left and smiled as she looked eyes with her father. She grinned at the man who had given her everything she could possibly think of while growing up without asking for anything in return. She was blessed to have him in her life, heck, Chris was blessed to have him in his life after his father passed away.

"It's going to be okay sunshine" her father said with a soft smile as they began their walk toward the backyard where the ceremony was taking place

"I know it's just.....it's just that today is so special I don't want to ruin it by tripping halfway down the isle or something," she murmured as they continued forward, her father holding onto Evelyn's arm, and she heard Nina, chief of the bridesmaids couldn't help by lighten up the mood.

"Don't you worry, Evelyn. We all know that you will most likely mess something up but it'll be hilarious to watch," her sister in law said with a teasing glint in her tone making Evelyn roll her eyes but gave her a smile as a thanks for helping calm her nerves.