4. Real Life

Evelyn couldn't be more happy than knowing that Supergirl had been renewed for a second season. She was excited to be back on set to begin filming the very first episode of the season. She was also excited to be working once more with her former cast-mate and childhood friend, Chris Wood. Chris had contacted her the day after the end of season 1 to let her know that he would be joining the Supergirl cast and she was thrilled. Fans from the vampire diaries are going to be in for a surprise when Chris makes his debute on the show when it airs on Monday, October 10th.

And speaking of the devil, Evelyn smiled upon seeing Chris walk into her apartment holding her favorite drink, Caramel frappé and his own black coffee.

"Hey" he greeted with a smile handing Evelyn her drink and she took it with a smile

"Hey, how was fitting?" She questioned as she took a sip of her drink with a content sigh making her companion chuckle

"It went well. Jesse said we start shooting our scenes soon. Did Ian call by the way?" He asked and Evelyn hummed

"Yeah. He invited us to dinner. Said he has an announcement to make or something of the sorts. He wouldn't say anything you know him" she replied and Chris nodded because he knew how Ian was when he had something important to say and he wouldn't say it over the phone so both Evelyn and Chris will have to wait until they visit Ian over the weekend since they'll be done shooting their first scenes together.

"Has Blake contacted you?" Chris asked making Evelyn pause before sighing and placing her cup down on the coffee table and lifting her feet up and wrapping her arms around them

"He called last night and asked if we could meet up and talk things out but how can I? He cheated on me and I don't want to be stuck in a relationship where I have to worry constantly where he is and who he's with. So I told him that I didn't want to se thin and to just leave me alone. My lawyer is finishing up the final paper work for the divorce and I don't know how to feel about that." She said and Chris nodded knowing just how much she loved her ex.

They met back when they were filming Glee. Evelyn was so smitten by Blake that she wouldn't listen to anyone who told her he wasn't a good guy for her. She had to learn the truth the hard way, by catching him in bed with their former co-star and who Evelyn saw as a best friend. She was utterly heartbroken and the thought of Evelyn being hurt made Chris angry and he wanted bogeying more then to find Blake and beat him up for hurting her, but he didn't knowing how Evelyn felt about confrontations and fights.

So he did the best thing he knew, he held her as she cried and promised her that everything would be okay even if he himself didn't know if what he was saying was true but looking at Evelyn now, no one would have guessed she went through a bad break up and now the divorce was finally coming to its end. After two years of marriage, Evelyn will be officially be single again but Chris knew she wasn't ready to begin a relationship. Plus, they will be busy for any sort of relationship with filming and all.

"You don't need to feel guilty over this Evelyn. You weren't the one who decided to cheat. He made his bed and now he needs to lay on it. Don't ever feel like you need to be sorry for something you didn't do. You have everyone who loves and supports you behind you as you go through this." Chris said as he held her hands making her bite her lip before sighing and nodding

"Okay. God I loved him so much, why would he do that?" She whispered as she felt her eyes begin to sting as tears began gathering in her eyes and Chris cursed Blake to hell and back for causing so much pain on someone incredible and amazing as the woman in front of him.

"I know but he made the choice to chest and you did nothing wrong for him to do that. It was his own choice" he replied pulling the now crying actress into his arms and just let her cry the pain she felt. Blake was one of the most heartless and careless men Chris has ever met and he wishes him nothing but suffering for all the pain that the girl in his arms felt because of him.

"God I hate him" Evelyn whimpered, clutching Chris's shirt as her shoulders shook with the power of her sobs. That's how Chy and Jenna had found them a few hours later, cuddled in Evelyn's sofa and the two couldn't help but wonder when those two wood admit their feelings for one another and Janet get together but at the same time wonder if it would be wise for Evelyn to move on so fast after her divorce from that asshole that they hated with a burning passion. Hell, even Channing wanted to find Black and beat him to pulp for hitting Evelyn. He saw her as a little sister and knowing she was in pain, angered the actor and dancer so much but like Chris, he didn't want to upset Evelyn more than she already was.

"They would such a beautiful couple if they just came it and say they love each other" Chy said as she and Jenna got in her car after closing the door behind them upon seeing the sight of Evelyn an Chris cuddling and sleeping.

"I couldn't agree more my friend." And little these two know that just down the road, Evelyn and Chris will be more than friends, but until then. They will have to get used to seeing them as friends. No, scratch that, as best friends. Because that's what they were, Evelyn and Chris were childhood best friends and even now, they were closer than ever.