8. Real Life

"Are you ready?" Chris questioned as he grabbed his duffel bag off the floor near the front door

"Yeah. Just got to grab my cellphone" she replied going to the night table by the couch and unplugged her phone only to see five missed calls, 34 voicemails and over 50 text messages from Blake all telling her answer her phone

"What's with the frown?" Chris asked worth a raised brow as he watched Evelyn looking down at her phone

"Blake won't leave me alone" she said showing Chris her phone and he sighed

"Hand it over" he said and she raised her brow but didn't question it and handed it to him only for her to widen her eyes when he dialed his number and place she phone to his ear. She could hear the end of the line being picked up followed by Blake's voice

"Didn't think you'd call back" was his answer making Chris clench his jaw

"If I were you I'd leave Evelyn alone before I call the cops on you for harassing her," Chris stated as he clenched his hand on the cellphone and Evelyn but her bottom lip knowing that Blake would be pissed

"AND who are you to tell me what to fucking do? She's my wife and she'll answer the phone when I call her" Blake snarled and Evelyn wanted nothing more than to just tell Blake that the divorce was done and they were no longer husband and wife.

"You're not married anymore, Blake. She filled for divorce and you both signed. Again, stop contacting her or I'll call the cops" Chris answered, calm as ever before hanging up not giving Blake a chance to argue then looked at Evelyn who blinked, "Change your number or he'll keep calling texting and leaving voice mails"

"I will" she replied taking her phone back and turning it off before sighing and placing it in her bag

"Do you need to be around while you film your scene with him?" He asked and Evelyn nodded hating the fact that Blake will be in the show but only for a few scenes

"Please. I really don't want to be near him even if he'll be my love interest on the show for a few scenes" she said following Chris out of her apartment and Chris nodded because he much like Ian and their friends didn't like the idea of Blake being anywhere near Evelyn. But until she had to film her scenes with Blake, they'll be in Atlanta visiting Ian and Nina since they had some news to tell them and their friends who will be there as well.

They left Evelyn's apartment and headed to Chris car that was parked in the front and climbed in with Chris putting the suitcases in the trunk because after their flight to Atlanta they'll be flying to Vancouver to start officially shooting for Supergirl that will be airing within the next few weeks.

"I honestly hope they're announcing that they're getting married" Evelyn said as Chris pulled out of her apartment and drove down the street towards the main road that will take them to LAX airport and Chris couldn't agree more with her comment. Ian and Nina have been dating for a while and it's about damn time those two tie the knot. Nina had once told him that she wasn't ready to settle down but couldn't picture herself with anyone else that wasn't Ian. Those two were a match made in heaven. They had broken up back in 2014 and dated other people but in the end they found themselves back together and even made the decision to move in together and both Chris and Evelyn couldn't be happier for those two.

"Honestly same. They better be telling us they're getting married or ill throw a fit" Chris said making Evelyn laugh. God he laughed when she laughs. Her nose crinkle and her eyes shone brightly making him smile. Nothing made him happier then seeing his friend and the girl that made his heart hammer like the wings of a humming bird, happy. That was his main focus, seeing the girl beside him smiling and laughing.

Chris shook his head and smiled as he watched Evelyn lean over and turn the radio on before singing along to Wolves by Selena Gomez

"Sing" She said pointing at Chris who sighed and sang along

"I've been running through the jungle
I've been running with the wolves
To get to you, to get to you
I've been down the darkest alleys
Saw the dark side of the moon
To get to you, to get to you"

And that was how they spent their trip to the airport. Sighing their lungs off and laughing every time they made a mistake. That was how their friendship worked and Chris hopes, and Evelyn, will be their relationship one day as well but until then, they'll settle for this. Laughing and joking around like two idiots passing time.