23. Real Life

Chris, for the past couple days, has been acting strange and Evelyn didn't know what to think of it. He's been hiding something from her and she was starting to get nervous and worried. What if he was cheating? No. He'd never do such a thing. She didn't know what to think anymore. He's never acted like this before and it was nerve wrecking.

Sighing, she stepped out of her car when she pulled up to the movie theater, that was surprisingly empty though she could see a few familiar cars already parked and frowned. Why were her family and friends here? Shrugging her shoulders, she put her coat on before walking to the entrance and her frown deepened even more as she saw the theater dark and empty.

"Here's your ticket" the only person in the building said handing her a ticket to The Greatest Love Story Ever Told... and what the heck? She didn't remember ever hearing about this but nonetheless thanked the worker and walked down the hall to the theater room where she found her family, friends and Chris. she raised a brow at the half full room and walked over to sit beside Chris who smiled at her when she took her seat

"What the hell?" She whispered and he chuckled

"Just sit down and enjoy the movie" Chris whispered back leaning over and giving her a kiss on the cheek. His attention in the screen that soon began playing.

A familiar song began playing and Evelyn turned her attention to the screen still confused as to what was happening. Her eyes only grew wide when she saw familiar videos and pictures floating through the screen. They were videos of Evelyn when she was younger with her siblings and parents. Some of her with Chris playing in the yard. Some on her and Ian as they chased each other. All through the video, a voice was talking, a voice she knew all to well. Chris.

We've been friends for as long as I can remember and there's never been a day that I didn't think of you. I never thought I'd ever fall for someone as incredible and beautiful as you and have you return those feelings. Working with you, being with you, loving you, making you happy, seeing you laughing is what I aim to do for the rest of my life. You were always beautiful to me and now, you are breathtakingly beautiful and I'm the luckiest man in the world to have you in my life.

We've had our ups and downs over the corse of our relationship but we always made it work because that's what we do. We work our problems out and find a solution to them. You were there for me when I had my first heartbreak and I was there when you had yours. I was there when you went through a hard moment in your life and you were there when I was going through the same even if our pains were different.

We've been together for almost 2 years now and every day has been an adventure. Evelyn you make me the happiest I've ever been and I don't see myself with anyone that isn't you. I talked to your parents and siblings and they gave me their blessing

Evelyn blinked and looked at her family who only smiled at the screen, the pictures changed to videos of them together and hearing the familiar sounds of his laughs in them made Evelyn love Chris much more than she already did. God he's absolutely perfect.

A few days ago remember when I told you I was going to your parents? well I went to see them and ask them a very important question and guess what babe? They were on board.

"You have been one of the best things to happen to our daughter Chris and there is no doubt in our mind that we don't see you as a son. You have made our daughter happy and that's all we could ever ask for" her father's voice entered the video and the scene was of ,Chris and her parents sitting in the back porch drinking coffee with snow falling all around them. Evelyn smiled at the screen

"We've seen you both at your best and at your worst and there is no doubt that there will be more in the future but I also know that you will work through them. You both are smart to make the right decisions and make the best of every situation" her said and before they were exchanging hugs before shoot Chris away and Evelyn couldn't help but laugh along with the others as Chris ran to his car and whoever was filming having to run to catch up to him. The screen went black before lighting up again and this scene was of Chris talking with Ian, Robyn and Robert Jr.

"We've never seen our sister this happy before and to know that it is you who makes her happy is all we want Chris. We've watched you both grow over the years and we've see the love you have for her. No one has ever made her this happy as you have in this short time of you being together." Ian said and her other two siblings nodded at his words

"You've had our blessing ever since you were young. We knew how close you both were that one day you'll be here and I can't wait to see the look on her face. Make our baby sister happy Sage because that's all she deserves. You make her happy and seeing her happy is what makes us happy" Robyn said and then she and the two Somerhalder brothers stood up and gave Chris a hug

More pictures, pictures of the actors crossed the screen with a new song called this I promise you by *NSYNC

Evelyn swallowed the lump in her throat as tears filled her eyes and slowly rolled down her cheeks.

"Life offers many challenges. I know I can meet them if you're willing to face them with me. I promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me." Chris said before the screen turned white, ending the small video, the words in the end were in black bold letters and it caught her off guard

WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Evelyn turned her attention to Chris who had gotten down on one knee and was holding a small black velvet box open with one of the most beautiful rings ever. It was a white gold band with diamonds all around with a big diamond in the center.

"Well? What do you say Evelyn Rose Somerhalder? Will you make me the happiest man in the role and marry me?" Chris asked with a smile, Evelyn covered her mouth as tears rolled down her face. She couldn't find the words to say so she did the only thing she could, she nodded her head making the room erupt in cheers and claps.

"I love you" She murmured against Chris's lips once he had placed the ring on her finger and leaned up to kiss her

"I love you too."