chapter twenty

~Harry~

~Harry~

A year ago, if someone would've told Harry that he would be driving down the winding road of 107 with Marley in the passenger seat of his car, he would have laughed. He would've simply said that never in a million years would the bratty, stubborn girl that he had spent his days despising be the person he spent his time with. Yet here he was, driving down the never ending curves of the back roads through Holmes Chapel with Marley Beck singing along to the radio blasting through the crackling speakers with the windows rolled down.

It was now a little after five in the afternoon, meaning that Harry had spent the entire day with the girl that he had hated since the minute she had entered his life. But yet he couldn't hide the smile that crept onto his face as she sang horribly to the familiar tune of Jessie's Girl.

"Where can I find a woman like that?" She yelled loudly as she flew her arm out the window, turning towards Harry's body as she stuck her fist in his face, the same one she had just been singing into moments ago.

"I'm not singing Marley," he huffed, rolling his eyes when her hand didn't move from the left side of his lips.

He turned his head quickly to look at her, his eyes slightly widening with amusement when he saw her. Her lips were parted slightly with her head tilted, her fist outstretched as she leaned back a bit - her long brown hair now flying out the window as he sped down the road. Her eyes held joy in them, replacing the sadness and worry that filled them when they first started their journey early that morning, as she raised her right eyebrow at him as she laughed.

"C'mon Harry," she taunted, wiggling her fist closer to his face as she shimmed her shoulders to the words sung by Rick Springfield.

And I'm looking in the mirror all the time                                                                                                       Wonderin' what she don't see in me

He chuckled dryly while covering her much smaller fist with the palm of his hand and shoving it out of the way, "You're so annoying."

She rolled her eyes before bringing her hand back to herself, singing the end of the song loudly, giggling to herself as she played an air guitar though the fading music of the song. "Turn here," she said abruptly, reaching over to grab the wheel as he pushed her hands away once again.

"No," he said with a light slap to her wrist. "You can't just grab the wheel like that Marley, Jesus. Are you trying to get us killed?"

It's like being with a fucking child.

She stared at him for a moment, huffing loudly as she moved her hand in front of his face and stuck her middle finger up.

"I know this might be your first time smoking, princess," he teased as he turned to the right, driving down a road that he had never seen before. "But the place we usually go is in the other direction."