chapter forty six *

TW: HEAVILY MENTIONS OF ABUSE

~Harry~

He followed behind his mother quietly, gripping onto the railing as they made their way up the few steps to the second floor. He gingerly walked up the stairs, his heart pounding with anticipation wondering what his mother could want to tell him.

Over the past month, he hadn't spent much time with his mother. It seemed as though he had spent every free moment he had with the girl with bright blue eyes. When he wasn't with her, he had thought about her until she was beside him.

He wasn't exactly sure where his mother had planned on having this chat, but when she walked past the room that Marley had put her things in, he quickly realized where they were heading. She pushed the white door opened instantly, a large king size bed sitting in the middle of the floor with a picture of the man and his mother sitting on the table to the left side of the bed.

She sat on the edge of the bed, taking a deep breath as he stood awkwardly in the room, not entirely sure what he should do.

"You can sit down," she said quietly, her voice shaking with the words. "I promise I won't bite."

She had a hint of amusement in her eyes as she spoke, smiling softly as she patted the spot to the side of her. He walked quietly towards the bed, sitting next to her as they waited in silence. He was waiting for her to speak again, not wanting to say the wrong thing.

"I didn't know you tried to write to me."

He snapped his head at her words, turning quickly to the right as he caught a glimpse of his mother. Her hair was falling behind her back, with a few pieces in front of her shoulders as she ran her fingers through her small amount of fringe she had framing her face.

"What are you-"

"In the beginning I thought that maybe you were just waiting for me to write first," she rushed, cutting him off as she continued to stare down at her lap. "So I did, I wrote to you. I started one the day they took you. But I couldn't find the courage to send it. I had felt like such a coward for letting them just come and take you away from me. But I promise you Harry, I tried. I fought like hell for as long as I could to fight them off. They were just so much bigger than me, I was no match for them."

She finally turned to look at him. Her green, vibrant eyes that usually would be the only thing to bring him any sort of comfort now red with tears as she shook her head at him. She brought her right hand up to her eyes, trying to quickly wipe the tears before they fell onto her cheeks. But the speed of her hand was no match for the waterfall of tears flowing from her eyes, because before she got a chance to hide them, the tears fell onto the hem of her shirt.

"It's fine mum-" he said quickly, not wanting to upset her anymore, but was cut off once again by the sound of her broken voice filling the air.