chapter forty two

~Harry~

~Harry~

Describing what Harry saw to be red wouldn't even begin to explain the complete and utter anger he had been feeling.

He had to remain calm when he drove the girl home from the small cliff, not wanting her to see the physical pain he had felt every time he had looked at her. How his heart merely broke at the simple sight of her, hating with everything inside of him what she had been through. She had made him promise that he wouldn't do anything irrational, knowing that it would end up making things worse for him in the end; but as he sat in his car trying to control his breathing, that promise was seeming harder and harder to keep.

He didn't have long until he was supposed to be back at her house to help her gather the stuff she needed, but he couldn't think straight as the anger began to erupt from inside of him.

He exhaled heavily through his nose, leaning his head back against the seat. He jerked his body forward as he hit his fist against the steering wheel. He yelled in frustration, continuing the movements as he rocked his body forward, bringing more force with each hit.

He closed his eyes for a moment, a wave of hurt running through his veins at the realization that he had felt this before. He had felt the pure hurt and shame of letting another person that he had loved down - only this time, it was hitting him in a way he couldn't explain.

With Marley, there was no way he could have known that Dean had done this to her, but he couldn't shake the feeling of knowing that he trusted Dean. Because not only had he trusted Dean over the years... he had idolized the man. He thought that he wanted nothing more than to live the life the man had, believing that he had everything he could ever want and more.

But now, the mere thought made him completely sick to his stomach, feeling so much guilt that he was afraid to even look at himself in the mirror. He hadn't even realized that he had been crying until a tear fell from his face and hit the hand that was sitting in his lap, snapping himself out of his thoughts as he shook his head quickly.

He wiped the tears that still lingered on his face without a second thought, exhaling sharply once more, before grabbing the key out of the ignition and opening the door. He walked up the driveway of the familiar house like he had owned it, loudly smacking his feet against the concrete with each step he took.

He wasted no time walking up the door, grabbing the extra key from under the doormat and opening it without a care in the world. He hadn't seen any cars in the driveway but he knew the person he wanted to see was home because he saw his shadow walking around the home from the window due to the light still being on.

"Harry," he breathed out, walking towards him as he sighed. "Was she there-"

The words weren't able to be finished before Harry grabbed him by the collar of his t-shirt, throwing him against the back wall as frustration consumed his entire being. He growled through his teeth, slamming the older of the two into the drywall as he stared up at Harry with eyes of nothing other than confusion.