chapter twenty nine

~Harry~

~Harry~

"You're out of your fucking mind."

He scoffed at her words, a small snort escaping his body as he tilted his head to the side, holding out the second helmet in front of the two. The other was tucked safely to his left side, his arm securing it due to his hand that was dug in his pocket. He shook the helmet slightly in the air as he rolled his eyes, pursing his lips together as he waited for her to take the damn thing.

She narrowed her eyes at him, shaking her head as she flipped him off. She had changed from his boxers from the night before, his shirt still clung to her body as a pair of Gemma's jeans he found in her room fit tightly around her curves. Her hair was down, the shower from late that night causing her hair to be much curlier than usual, instead of her waves there were loose ringlets spiraling through the air as the wind passed between the two. The sun that had been shining in the sky was bright, causing her to squint her eyes slightly as she placed her hand over her forehead.

"C'mon Marley," he teased, stepping closer to her with a playful grin plastered onto his face. "You've honestly got to live a little, you're so tightly wound up I'm surprised you aren't spinning around like one of those damn music boxes."

"Funny," she deadpanned, rolling her annoyingly bright blue eyes at him as she ran her fingers through her hair.

He watched her for a moment, taking in the way her entire body was stiff at the thought of her on the back of his bike. She looked at him with a worried look on her face, that was until a gust of wind greater than any they had felt that morning consumed the two.

A genuine smile appeared on his face at the feeling of the wind, simply not being able to help himself but think about how much a small breeze had meant to the girl. She rolled her eyes once more, but this time with a playful smile on her face as she grabbed the helmet out of his hands, sighing loudly as she looked down at it.

She placed the helmet onto her head, the only thing being seen were her bright blue eyes staring intensely into his green ones as she looked up.

"This smells like it's new," she said carelessly, trying to strap the buckle under her chin as she tilted her head up.

He stepped closer to her, placing his helmet on the seat of the bike as his hands went to the sides of her head, gently bringing it back down. Their eyes meeting for a moment as his heart started beating quicker than before as he spoke, "That's because you're the first to use it, blue."

And it was true.

His bike was something that only he had used since the day he got it, loving nothing more than the pure freedom he felt as he drove off onto the road as fast as he could. No restrictions holding him down as the wind rushed through his hair, his clothes flying around his body as he whipped around the winding curves of the backroads. He felt as though he was unstoppable, like no matter how shitty his life got, he could simply get on his bike and go anywhere he wanted.