chapter fifty three ~ part one ***

~Harry~

~Harry~

The morning of August 1st was just like any other. He woke up, his mind clouded as his thoughts from the nightmare the night before flooded his memory. He wasn't surprised he had another nightmare... they seem to be happening more and more recently. For the past week it had been the same nightmare, one where Marley was taken right before his eyes.

It isn't the normal type of taken, the one where they are standing beside one another until someone comes along and drags her away.

No.

It's the kind where she was never there to begin with.

He was always standing all alone in the middle of the street, his eyes filled with tears as he frantically searched for her. She was never in the beginning of the dream, it always started right after she's gone. Her name that was leaving his lips echoed through the empty block as he quickly moves his head back and forth, hoping that there was someone there who can help him.

But there never was.

He was always alone, the smell of strawberries still captivating him completely as he closed his eyes, trying to imagine that she was still there with him. He can still hear her screams, he can still feel her slip away from him... but he never knew what had happened leading up to the scene playing right in front of him.

But as he got out of bed, his hands rubbing over his eyes, he couldn't shake the feeling of the nightmare this time. He couldn't get the dull feeling in his chest to go away, just like how he couldn't get out of his head that he needed to see her... right away.

He got dressed quickly, not even bothering to button his jeans before he threw his shirt over his head, heading to the bathroom to quickly brush his teeth. He didn't have time to brush his hair, his fingers sufficing as he hurried to his car. He practically jumped into the driver's seat, speeding down the road as he made his way to Robin's home.

He didn't know why he was feeling like this, he had had worse dreams about Marley, ones where she is killed right in front of his eyes... but he needed to see her. He needed to know that she was okay.

Because even though his head knew it was just a dream, his heart couldn't take another moment of her being gone.

He made it to the house around eleven in the morning, not even caring if anyone else was still asleep before he hurried to the front door, knocking on the wooden surface as if it was the only thing he could do. He looked around, noticing that Robin's car along with the one Luke and Marley shared was gone and he was scared she wasn't home. That was until he heard her sweet coming from the other side of the door.

She was still wearing a pair of shorts, her sweater cropped just like the one he had seen her in that night after Alec's party. Her hair was everywhere, the waves becoming out of control as she smiled lightly, running her fingers through her hair as a slight yawn escaped her lips.