chapter twelve

~Marley~

She mutters angrily to herself as she walks through the club. Her mind was filled with thoughts, all wondering how this night could have gone so wrong so fast. She had been so careful up until now, always trying her hardest to fly under the radar to avoid issues like this one. She had worked so hard to keep this part of her life secret, not even Louis knowing about it.

Shit.

That's probably where Harry had run off too, he was going to laugh the whole way thinking about how pathetic Marley had been. He had always been one to run his mouth, especially when it came to Louis. The two told each other everything and even when Harry was away at school, Louis would constantly be keeping him up to date on everything going on in his life.

Except for one thing and Marley knew how much it was killing him not to tell Harry, especially when they both knew he would be able to help.

But that was the thing, there was no reason why she shouldn't want Harry to help other than her own selfish reasons of being afraid. Afraid of what would happen once he knew, they were so horrible to one another and she could only imagine what he would think and say about her once he found out.

Because when she honestly stopped to think about it, she knew Harry was going to find out one day, but until then she had her heart set on doing everything in her favor to keep it from him.

She makes her way back to the VIP section where she had managed to make a complete mess of it all, looking around seeing that she was on her own to clean it up. She figured she would start with the bigger pieces of glass that didn't break off into tiny shards, hoping that it would be enough until she was able to run back to fetch the broom before anyone got hurt.

She carefully picks up each large piece of the broken cups one by one, trying her hardest to not cut herself as she collects each one in the palm of her hand.

Picking up the last of the pieces, a voice calls from very closely behind her, "You're going to hurt yourself, Marley."

She snaps her head back quickly to find Alex standing behind her with a broom in his hand. In response she closes her fist quickly as she closes her eyes, regretting the movement instantly when a shock of pain is sent through her body. She hisses as she looks down, seeing that a piece of glass has cut her.

"Fuck," she mutters, barely hearing herself over the loud speakers.

She stands and turns to be met with Alex, tilting her head up to look at him better, "You scared the hell out me."

"Sorry love," he says as he looks down at her hand, "David heard about what happened, he wants you to go to his office."

Shit, shit, shit.