chapter fifty three ~ part two *

TW: BLOOD

~Harry~

"Okay so when we get there, just act like you're surprised, yeah? Cole will literally kill me if this doesn't go as planned."

He laughed loudly as he intertwined his fingers with hers that were placed in her lap. It was a bit chilly that day, the girl wearing a pair of light washed jeans and a Rolling Stones shirt that was cut down the middle. Her tan stomach showed through as she laid her feet on top of the dashboard.

Her white hightop converse were scuffing up the surface, but he didn't mind. Instead he looked down at her short legs that seemed to be thousand miles long as her ankles were crossed, rolling up the bottom on her jeans.

Her hair was still down, blowing fiercely in the wind because she insisted on having the windows rolled down. Her hand was out of the window, moving as if it was on a wave at the song flooding through the car from the radio.

Her blue eyes looked dangerously bright as the sun peeked through the right side of the car. The freckles faintly painted on her face clear as day as she smiled, leaning her head back onto the headrest.

"I'll be surprised," he mused, squeezing her hand a little tighter as she turned to him, his heart stopping because of the way she looked at him.

The sun was almost completely set, the two spending the entire day locked away in her room. Listening to music, dancing, and wasting the day away with the only company he seemed to enjoy lately. But time seemed to have disappeared whenever he was with her, it was as if it never existed in the first place.

He would blink and he would have to leave her again. Going back to the reality of a world that Marley Jeen wasn't the center of. He craved nothing more than the next morning when he opened his eyes and knew that he was going to see her... and get to do it all over again.

He couldn't help it though, because everytime he was with her... there weren't nearly enough hours in a day.

When she wasn't there it was as though he wasn't whole, like a part of him was missing. Only becoming content again when her wavy brown hair and bright blue eyes were in sight.

He wasn't sure what caused him to pull over, maybe it was because the sunset was too perfect to miss, or maybe it was because he just wanted a little more time with her. But whatever the reason, he pulled the car over on the side of the road, ignoring her when he walked to the fielded area they were driving through and stood in the middle. Simply watching the sun.

"What are you doing?" She asked, almost out of breath from chasing after him. "We're going to be late for the party."

He inhaled deeply, taking in the way the wind's gentle breeze was keeping them company as the distant chatter of the birds in the sky did all the talking they needed to hear. He turned to her, his movements slow as he asked, "You know I used to hate how optimistic you were when we were younger?"