chapter sixteen

~Harry~

~Harry~

"I can't believe you actually said no, you're such a fucking dick sometimes man."

The words that left Louis' lips didn't surprise Harry in the slightest. He knew that his friend had some sort of weird obsession with the curly headed girl, so the fact that he was pissed at him didn't even faze him. He knew that Marley would bitch about Harry not helping her, so when he saw Louis again for the first time since that night he knew he was going to get an ear full.

"I don't see what the big fucking deal is," he scoffed as he kicked his shoes off and threw his feet up onto the bed, "Why can't you teach her how to fight? Clearly you two have something going on, just show her yourself."

If he was being honest; Harry had never really understood where the sudden care for Marley had come from, why Louis was just so willing to be Marley's bitch with every move he made. Because so far, almost every time Harry and Louis were with one another - Marley was somehow incorporated into anything Louis would say or do.

Whether it was something as simple as saying that he had been with Marley earlier that day or completely ditching him to answer to whatever 'issue' she had been dealing with at that moment. That was one of the most annoying things about it all to him, it was as if she thought the entire world had revolved around her and that everyone should drop whatever they were doing to be at her beck and call.

Louis didn't respond as he stared at Harry with an unreadable expression written on his face. It was almost as if he couldn't believe the words that had come out of Harry's mouth, like someone had told them that they had killed a puppy just for the hell of it. Harry could almost see the wheels turning in Louis' head as he tried to think of a response for the boy sitting a few feet away from him.

"Because I'm not that much of a shallow, prideful dick to know that you are a better fighter than I am. You would be able to teach her how to defend herself better than I would and that's what she needs right now. Not for you to be a jackass and laugh in her face when she comes to you for help."

That was when it clicked in Harry's brain, the reason why the girl had been able to get Louis wrapped around her stubby little finger faster than the blink of an eye.

He smirked at the boy sitting across from him as he chuckled, "Oh I get it now." But by the way Louis had narrowed his eyes in confusion it was clear to Harry needed to continue.

"You're fucking her right?"

For the first time since Harry had gotten to Louis house, the blue eyed boy cracked a smile along with a chuckle. He looked at Harry - almost as though he was seeing if he was serious - before laughing even harder than he had before. Harry hadn't been as amused as his friend was, staring at him intently as he clenched his jaw in annoyance.

"I'm not fucking her idiot," Louis said through tears as if that had been the funniest thing he had ever heard. It took him a moment before he spoke again, his words much softer than they were moments ago, the air between the two of them shifting from the light hearted one to a much deeper one.