chapter fifty one*

TW: SLIGHT MENTION OF RAPE

~Harry~

Home.

Something that he had always hated for as long as he could remember.

The word home had meant a lot of things for Harry Styles. It was one that instantly had him in fear, one that had him feeling completely alone. His classmates would always share stories of their own homes; ones filled with love, happiness and family. He couldn't understand how a place that brought him so much pain could give others so much joy.

When he was around eight his mother had told him that home wasn't always a place, it could be people... a person. Because to her, Harry and Gemma was her home, not the four walls that they feared being inside of. He never understood what she had meant, that he would never understand because how could one person bring him the love and happiness he had always longed for?

But as he looked into the bright blue eyes of Marley Jeen Beck... he finally understood.

He finally understood what it had felt like to look at someone who can manage to break his heart all while managing to make it become whole again. The person who single handedly managed to make him want to get out of bed, someone who made him realize there was more to life than what he had thought he knew.

Marley was his saving grace, she was so much more than he could have ever imagined. She had done more for him that entire summer than anyone else could have done in a lifetime. She saved him in every single way a person could be saved.

"What are you thinking about in that pretty little head of yours?" She teased, placing a small cotton swab to the side of his head.

"You," he answered honestly, it had been the same answer to almost all of his questions.

Because when it came down to it, Marley was always the answer.

She laughed lightly, shaking her head as she placed a damp rag over the cut above his brow, "You're quite the charmer, Styles."

"So I've been told," he smirked, placing his large hands onto her hips as he pulled her in between his legs.

She smiled as she ran her fingers through her hair, sending the ends of her waves to dance across his fingertips as they began to make the way up the small of her back. He traced small circular patterns with his thumb, shooting his head back as he hissed in pain when she applied too much pressure to the freshly opened wound.

"Shit," he cursed, squeezing his eyes shut as he moved back away from her.

"Oh fuck," she quiped softly, sending a small kiss to his lips before she said sweetly. "Sorry about that."

He chuckled softly, rolling his eyes before he pulled her in for another kiss, "It's okay, but only if you keep kissing me when it hurts."

"Idiot," she responded before nodding her head. "He really got you good-"