chapter fifty four *

TW: PANIC ATTACKS, BLOOD, AND MENTAL HEALTH

TW:  PANIC ATTACKS, BLOOD, AND MENTAL HEALTH

~Harry~

For all of his life, he had lived in fear.

Fear when he would hear his father's car pull into the driveway. Fear when he would hear his mother's cries for help. Fear when one teacher finally caught onto what was going on at home. Fear when the police officers came in and took his father away. Fear when the administration at Woodgate took him away from the only home he had ever known and brought to a place far worse than what he had ever experienced.

But he had never felt more fear in his life than he had the early hours of that August 2nd morning.

He had always hated hospitals. He sat in a chair similar to the one he was sitting in now, waiting for them to tell his mother that his grandmother had passed. He hated the way it smelled, hated the way the walls were painfully white and how dull the hallways seemed to be at night.

He hated how life and death were so aquated there. How one moment someone could be losing their lives but just a wall away someone could get theirs back.

He thought it wasn't fair. How one person could get the best news of their lives while the other beside them embarked on a nightmare they would never wake up from.

He heard a gasp from the family sitting beside him, a small girl let out tears of joy as she hugged her mother, quietly whispering how happy she was that her father was going to be okay. Her mother was sobbing, hugging the small girl to her chest as a boy who looked to be the age of twelve tried to hide the tears of joy as he smiled widely at the doctor.

His heart broke at the realization, having the feeling inside of him that he wouldn't be getting that news.

The doors swung open and the doctor who had been operating on Marley emerged, his hands on the top of his head as he sighed heavily. He took his scrub cap off quickly, running his fingers through his hair as he asked, "Beck?"

Jay had been walking behind him, her eyes filled with tears as she looked towards Cole. His body hiding in Harry's jacket as his head rested on his shoulder. As soon as they got to the hospital he ran straight to Harry. Crying softly as Harry held him tightly in his arms.

"Mum," Louis croaked, his voice breaking as his eyes filled with tears.

He looked back at Robin whose eyes were tired, not being able to sleep as they waited to hear if Marley was going to make it. Robin stood quickly, walking over to shake the doctor's hand as he said, "Robin Twist." His voice was just as shaky as he quietly spoke. "Legal guardian."

"Her injuries were substantial," the doctor started, looking down at the room full of people waiting with their heads held high and eyes filled with tears. "She suffered massive trauma to the brain, the speed of which the car was coming should have killed her instantly."