epilogue

~Harry~

~Harry~

September 10th, 1998

It is said that love is a powerful thing. Something so strong that others can feel it all around them, that everyone has the ability to love and be loved, but for some... it seems as though it is unattainable. They see love as a choice for the weak, because depending on someone in the most vulnerable way is the weakest thing one can do.

At least that's what Harry used to think.

But now - with his legs swinging softly over the edge of the cliff with the girl he loved more than anything sitting beside him... he knows love is not for the weak.

Because falling in love with Marley Jeen Beck is the bravest thing he had ever done.

The two are sitting beside each other, their limbs wrapping around one another as she leans her head onto his shoulder. The sweet smell of strawberries that he adores flooding his senses as he ran his fingers through her hair. She sent a soft hum in response, reaching her hand up and lacing their fingers together.

He isn't sure how long they had been there for, his mind wandering off to all they had been through for the past few months. The moment he saw her at Alec's party to everything in between has been replaying in his head like a movie; the good, the bad, along with everything else.

"Are you okay?" Marley asks quietly, snapping him out of his thoughts as he turns to look at her.

The cast was still wrapped tightly around her arm, the small bandage that used to be on her forehead now gone and was left behind with a scar running down from her hairline down to her eyebrow. The doctors have said that it will faint overtime, and while Marley hates it with everything inside of her... Harry couldn't help but believe it made her even more beautiful.

"Yeah," he says as he places his head on top of hers. "Just thinking about everything is all."

He feels her body stiffen beside him as she whispers, "Please tell me you're not thinking about the accident."

"Only a little," he answers honestly, knowing how much it hurts her when he blames himself. "But I'm also thinking about everything else."

"Like what?"

"The rest of our lives," he promises as he runs his hand up and down her arm, loving the way her body molds into his perfectly.

He shifts his body slightly, moving his head to the left as he places a kiss to the top of her head before he turns his head to look out into the bank in front of him. He sighs softly as he says, "You know, I came out here every single day when you were in the hospital. It made me feel like a part of you was with me, it made me feel safe."

"That's what I love about this place," she whispers softly, locking their fingers together as she pulls them onto her lap. "No matter how scared I was, as soon as I heard the water hitting the shore or saw the sun hit the horizon; it was as if all my fears, all of my worries slipped away."