chapter fifty two

~Marley~

~Marley~

She woke up that night unexpectedly, the sound of the front door slamming shut shot her out of her bed. She looked around quickly, seeing that Harry was sound asleep beside her as her body relaxed. She shook it off, not thinking anything of it when she heard a small noise coming from her favorite corner of her room.

The record player was still on, the sound of the vinyl that had been playing when the two fell asleep now spinning restlessly as the speaker cracked with the needle spinning. She cursed at herself momentarily, instantly thinking of her father turning over in his grave at the thought of the needle craving a scratch onto one of his favourite Beatles record.

She thought that maybe her mind had been playing tricks on her, that she had still been dreaming when she heard the door open. So she simply ran her fingers through her hair, throwing her waves over her shoulder as she swung her feet onto the floor. She stood slowly, stretching her arms out before bruising her fingers through her hair once more.

She walked towards the player, her feet treading forward as the carpet she was walking on felt as though she was continuously stepping on a cloud.

She carefully placed the needle off of the vinyl, exhaling quietly as she placed the music back into the sleeve. It was silent, a sound that she still hadn't grown used to.

That was until the sound of a plate breaking in the kitchen snapped her out of her thoughts entirely.

"Harry," she hissed quietly, turning around quickly to see that he was still sound asleep.

She looked down on the ground beneath her, finding a pillow near the corner of the room. "Harry," she whispered, louder this time as she threw the pillow at his head. "Wake up."

He groaned softly, turning his body to face her before he asked, "What the hell, blue."

She was about to respond, when the sound of the unknown person in the kitchen dropped another piece of the glass on the ground. He shot out of bed quickly, slipping on the same pair of sweatpants that Marley had given him a few weeks before.

"What the fuck?" He questioned, dropping to his knees as he reached under the bed... pulling out a small handgun.

"Jesus Christ, Harry," she groaned, walking towards him as she stared at him with wide eyes. "Why the hell was that under my bed?"

"Are you seriously going to ask me that right now, Marley?" He snapped, checking to make sure it was loaded before he rushed towards her. "Stay here, okay? I mean it."

He walked out of the room slowly, the gun held tightly in his hand. She rolled her eyes, the early hours of the morning still unknown as she followed behind him. He turned around when he heard her footsteps, shaking his head as he nodded towards the door.

She flipped him off, placing her hands onto his shoulders as she turned him back around and followed him down the steps. She stayed behind him, making sure that she was hidden as they emerged into the living room.