chapter twenty four

~Harry~

~Harry~

"What the fuck is going on here?" Harry asked, his voice filled with confusion as his eyes flickered between the three others standing around him.

Marley's eyes were wide as she looked at Louis, as if she had been asking him the same question as well. No one said anything for a moment, the four of them looking at one another as if they were all waiting for the other person to speak up. It was quiet, the only noise being heard was the rushing sound of the wind blowing past them as birds hummed quietly, flying around the bushes that sat in front of the Tomlinson house.

"Marley," Louis said, being the first to speak up since they had gotten there. "What are you guys doing here?"

Harry was at a complete loss for words, which came as a shock to him. In all of his years, he has never been one to be silent. He always had a response for everything, even when it wasn't his place to speak in the first place.

"This is bad guys," Marley announced, turning her attention towards Robin and Louis as she spoke. "What the hell were we thinking getting ourselves into this? Dean is out now, did you know that?" She questioned, flicking her gaze to Robin as her breathing started to become heavy.

"It's okay Marley," Louis said, trying desperately to calm her down as she began to spiral. "We're gonna take care of this, nothing is going to happen."

"Bullshit," she said, shaking her head as she stepped closer to him, her words shaky as she spoke. "I'm fucking terrified Lou."

"Marley-" Robin started as he walked towards her, but was cut off by the worried filled voice slicing through the air as she snapped her head towards him.

"He came by my house a few nights ago, did Louis tell you that," she said quietly, tears pooling in the bottom of her eyes as her lip quivered. "He was waiting for me when I got home. Just sitting on my couch, mocking me as I stood there scared out of my bloody mind. And today when we saw him," she said as she motioned between her and Harry, "He said that we needed to watch our backs Lou, do either of you have any idea what the hell that is even supposed to mean?"

Harry's heart began to beat quickly at her words, questions running through his head as he tried to piece together the little information he had. Dean had been in her house without anyone knowing? How did he even know where she lived? What else was he capable of if that seemed to be the least of her worries?

"Okay, what the hell is happening right now?" Harry finally asked again, three pairs of eyes flickering towards him as if they had all forgotten he was there.

"Why don't we go inside?" Robin suggested, taking a step towards Marley as he spoke.

Without second thought, Harry followed his actions and stepped closer towards the girl. Sending daggers in Robin's direction as he stood in front of her, guarding her much smaller frame with his own like he had found himself doing more and more.