Chapter 9 - Trouble

(Author's notes: Happy New Year to You! I hope you had a nice Christmas. <3 I'm glad you are still here... Sorry for disappearing, but I realised at Christmas, that some intense scenes are coming in the following chapters and they aren't really Christmas friendly... I didn't want to depress you during a lovely holiday, so here we are, you can get sad now. :D Sorry, that's not my intention, but the show must go on. 😊 Let's not waste another word. <3

Song to listen: "Paralyzed" by Against the Current. Listen before reading. <3 )

...
I gave Negan lunch and dinner without looking at each other, without saying a word. I couldn't sleep that night.

Thoughts were racing through my mind.

I knew it was forbidden, but I left my house at night.

I saw Eugene was the guard this time. My house was close to the front gate.

"Hey!" he said, warningly. Of course, he noticed me.

"Sorry! I know I shouldn't be out here," I said.

"That is exactly right," he said seriously.

I went up to him to the lookout post, he was looking at me like I was an alien.

"Sorry. I can't sleep," I wiped my red, puffy eyes. Eugene frowned his eyebrows. "Sorry, I'm Quinn."

"I know you."

"You do?"

"Well, you don't talk much, but you were with us for a long time."

"Yeah, I don't talk much..."

"May I state that you are in deep depression?"

"I noticed, but thanks."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I laughed sarcastically.

"I rather not," he looked disappointed. I didn't want to hurt his feelings rejecting his kindness. "Sorry, I didn't mean that way. My problem is minor and ridiculous."

"I get it, you don't want to talk about it with someone you barely know."

"That's not it. I don't even know anyone. The people I knew are already dead. Carol is my only friend."

"Then why don't you go after her?"

Got'cha, I talk before I think again... Smart one. Now I have to make up something that keeps me here, so Eugene won't figure it out. But then I realized he was living with Negan for some time, so I guess a half-truth might satisfy him.

"I have to feed Negan. No one wants to do that and I don't mind."

He frowned his eyebrows again.

"You choose to feed a murderer over being with your only friend?" I sighed.

"I'm awkward, I know."

"About awkwardness, I know a lot."

"I guess I'm just lonely. I can't talk to anyone."

"Well, we are talking right now."

I wish I could talk to you... I wish I could tell you everything. Maybe I could? He managed to deceive Negan, so he can keep secrets, I guess... But no. He might tell Michonne. Or Rosita, who tells Michonne. I sighed again.

"I confessed my love to Daryl Dixon two years ago. And it just came to my mind and made me depressed again," well, that was half true, but it wasn't the reason for my depression.