Chapter 136 - Let's go home

Quinn, Commonwealth

Wedding afterparty

Now that all the kids were taken home to sleep and Carol returned we could start the afterparty. Only adults. Most of them already tipsy. This is going to be fun.

When we finished slow dancing with Negan in the garden he kissed me gently. I slipped my hand on the back of his neck. He was so handsome and so hot with that little bit unbuttoned shirt. And he was all mine. Officially. I swear I wanted to have sex with him right at that moment in the garden, but I wasn't cool enough to not care about all the others who could suddenly come outside for a breath of fresh air. And they usually came outside. So I had to compose myself but with that kiss it was hard. I think Negan noticed this or suspected something because when he backed away he shot such a seductive glance at me that I thought I was going to faint. He turned around and walked back inside, taking my hand and pulling me with him. So I followed him. I would follow him anywhere. Without questions.

When we got inside I saw Daryl was still wearing the necktie around his forehead, hanging on the left side of his head. I couldn't help but chuckle. Carol was sitting at the counter sipping on wine, holding her head in her hand staring at Daryl. Eugene was drunk as fuck. He was sitting with Jesus and Aaron talking. Suddenly Eugene raised his voice.

"I have an announcement!" he said confidently which was unusual of him. Everyone stared at him waiting. "I am not a virgin anymore!"

Jesus and Aaron started laughing so hard they almost fell off the chair. Negan too. Daryl was smiling widely. Carol giggled into her glass of wine.

"Oh... my... god," said Negan. "I can't believe I lived to witness this day."

"Yeah... it's a bigger event than your weddin'," said Eugene drunk as shit. I couldn't stop laughing. It wasn't even what he was saying so funny but the way he was saying it and how all the others were dying from laughter.

"I'm proud of you, Eugene," said Aaron patting his back strongly. Eugene looked at him confused.

"And what about Dixon? Still a virgin?" asked Negan mocking him. Daryl's smile faded away.

"Negan, don't," I said gently.

"Nah, he had a girlfriend once, no, Daryl?" said Jesus he was drunk too. All of them, except for me. Carol was a little tipsy.

"Okay, this conversation took a very wrong turn," I said, protecting both Daryl and Carol. I knew this was a sensitive topic for them. "Jesus, tell us about how you and Aaron got engaged," I asked him smiling kindly.

"Oh! Right!" said Jesus. It worked, Daryl's topic was dropped. Jesus' eyes lightened up and told the story enthusiastically. "So, Aaron asked me, of course..."

"Why is that so obvious?" asked Aaron.

"Because I'm too cool to do that," said Jesus.

"No, you're not," said Aaron.

"Anyway... Aaron asked me and I said yes," said Jesus.

"But circumstances or something?" I asked but they were already chuckling about something else. I guess I'll never find out.

"That is unbelievable," said Eugene completely lost like a child. I chuckled again. I saw Daryl slip to the garden and not so long after Carol followed him. I glanced Negan.

"You shouldn't have said that," I said gently.

"What? It was a joke," said Negan.