Chapter 89 - Quiet

Quinn and Negan, Alexandria

As I woke up I instantly realized that I felt much better than yesterday. Still a little dizzy, but much better. I slowly stood up and went downstairs to drink a glass of water. I felt a little hungry too, I guess that was a good sign. I started eating Carol's pheasant as I was collecting my thoughts. My head was clearer now and I remembered a couple of details. I still felt guilty and sorry for Negan and Daryl because they had to witness it. I never did drugs, never wanted to, and never will again. I heard Negan's steps as he was coming downstairs. He was wearing a tank top, his hair all ruffled. I almost choked on the pheasant, he looked so good.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, I heard this question way too many times in these two days.

"Better. Little dizzy, but better," I said.

"I see your appetite's back, " he stated, glancing at the plate in front of me.

"Yeah."

He turned away and let out a yawn, then stretched his back a little. I almost dropped my fork as I watched his back muscles through that tight tank top. He turned back to face me, his arms still up behind his head. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He noticed how I was staring and chuckled as he dropped his arms down.

"You make me embarrassed when you look at me like that," he said with red cheeks. I felt my face was burning too.

"You feel embarrassed? I can't look anywhere else," I stated. He chuckled again, he looked so handsome I just could not believe it. I cleared my throat, took a sip of water, then looked at him as he took a piece of bread in his mouth. He gulped, then our eyes met.

"So, what's the plan for today?" he asked.

"I have no idea," I said shrugging my shoulder.

"I suggest, you go back to bed and rest, and I'll check on the wall," he said.

"Fine by me," I said. I didn't feel like working that day yet, I was still a little nauseous. As we were finishing breakfast, we heard soft knocking on the door.

"Got it," said Negan and opened the door as I put the plates in the washer. As I turned around I saw Negan do a theatrical hand gesture to invite Carol and Daryl in, then he closed the door behind them.

"Hi," said Carol. "Are you feeling better?" she asked.

"Yeah, your magic pheasant cured me," I said smiling.

"Damn, that was bad," said Negan giggling.

"What?" I asked, frowning my eyebrows questioningly.

"The magic pheasant cured you from the magic mushroom," said Negan with a half-smile. No one got it, except him. I did a facepalm, Carol groaned painfully, Daryl was just staring at Negan.

"I didn't mean it that way," I mumbled embarrassed. Negan was staring at me giggling.

"You're an idiot," stated Daryl still looking at Negan, but he didn't say it playfully like I usually do, he said it honestly. Negan threw his hands and stood Daryl's gaze.

"Okay, now that we got that out of the way..." started Carol," ...we wanted to say goodbye for a little while."

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked as I felt my stomach shrink immediately. I hated it when Carol and Daryl went out on suicide missions.

"Jesus found a military base the other day. We might find food and weapons," she explained gently. Negan crossed his arms in front of him and was listening closely.

"We're heading out right now," added Daryl. I couldn't say anything for a minute then I got myself together.

"I see. Be careful out there, please," I said.

"A bunch of us are going, don't worry," said Carol smiling at me soothingly.

"I'm not happy about it, but we do need food," I said. "Wish I could go with you."

"You should rest now," said Carol and stepped closer to hug me. When we parted Daryl stepped to me too.

"Come back in one piece," I said as I hugged him.

"Can't promise anythin'," he said slightly smiling.

"That's not funny," I said grumpily, he chuckled.

"We're coming back, we always do," he said as he backed away. I nodded understandingly, we smiled at each other one more time with Carol, then they left. Negan closed the door behind them.

"It was really a bad joke," I said. Negan chuckled.

"Your bad joke," he stated.

"Alright fine, you got me," I said smiling, caught red-handed.

"I knew you did it on purpose," he said smiling widely as he stepped to me to embrace me.

"They didn't get it, it's not funny," I said offended. Negan kept giggling.

"I got it," he said and pecked my cheek. I turned my face towards him, he glanced at me, then pecked my lips too. I smiled and buried my face in his shoulder.

...

As Carol and Daryl left Quinn's house, Daryl stopped for a moment on the empty street.

"Hey, uhmm..." he started. Carol stopped to look at him and interrupted him.

"We don't have to tell anyone anything," said Carol gently, she immediately understood that romance was a delicate topic for Daryl and he was concerned what should they tell the others. "We don't have to tell anyone, if you don't want to," added Carol gently. Daryl let out a sigh, keeping eye-contact the entire time.

"Not yet," he said. Carol was surprised by his answer, it means Daryl wanted to make it official, it's just he is not ready for it yet.

"I'm not telling anyone," she said with a slight smile. "And Quinn won't either," she added. Daryl nodded and took Carol's hand gently, still looking her in the eyes. Carol was waiting for a kiss so badly, but then Jesus showed up.

"Mornin'!" he greeted them cheerfully. Carol and Daryl let go of each other's hand at the same time, pretending like nothing happened.

"Hi, Jesus," smiled Carol. The three of them headed to the gates where the others were waiting for them.

...

Negan went upstairs to get dressed, I lay down on the couch. I decided to stay in bed for the rest of the day, so I get completely rested. Negan came downstairs and put his elbows on the back of the couch, looking down at me.

"I'll go check the wall. I'll be back in no time," he said.

"Alright," I said as I let out a sigh. He caressed my cheek and left. I put my arm over my forehead and closed my eyes to relax.

...

Author's notes: No song this time. Quinn is relaxing. :D

Thank You for reading! ❤