Chapter 65 - A long night

Quinn, somewhere in the forest

I still couldn't believe Negan was by my side, holding my hand. We approached the house where Negan left Lydia, but we haven't seen Carol and Henry.

"They must be inside," said Negan. He opened the door and stepped inside just to get punched in the face.

"DARYL!" I yelled at him. Carol and Henry were standing there, taken aback. Negan fell against the wall.

"You fucking piece of shit!" yelled Negan.

"What did you do?" asked Daryl. I grabbed his arm to pull him away from Negan, but he shook me off.

"What did I do? What did YOU do?! You lied to me about Quinn's death! What kind of an asshole you are?!" he said and tried to punch Daryl, but he pushed his crossbow in Negan's face.

"DARYL STOP!!" I yelled again, but to no avail.

"You deserved it!" said Daryl. "You got it for Glenn and Abraham and Sasha... Do you want me to continue the list?"

Negan was breathing heavily, he was furious, still, he raised his hands.

"Where is Lydia?" asked Daryl aggressively.

"I have no idea. I left her here, then I killed Alpha," said Negan. "Carol, tell him! You saw Alpha's head!"

"Daryl, I already told you..." started Carol, but Daryl interrupted her.

"I don't believe him!" said Daryl.

"You don't believe me? You are the one who's lying about people's deaths!" said Negan his eyes piercing right through Daryl.

"Daryl, I saw the head," said Carol, pushing every word. "I asked him to do it."

"I saw it too," said Henry, trying to help.

Negan began to explain himself, how he went undercover to get close enough to Alpha, but Daryl didn't want to listen.

"You burned down Hilltop, you didn't let me take children to safety, you blocked the road, it was all YOU!" said Daryl, still holding the crossbow in Negan's face.

"I did it to earn Alpha's trust!" Negan tried again. "Why do you think your girlfriend let me out of the cell in the first place?" he said, referring to Carol.

Henry frowned his eyebrows, Carol's face went so red I have never seen before. I grabbed Daryl's arm again.

"Please, let him go," I asked him one more time. Daryl glanced at Carol, then at me.

He lowered the crossbow and gave it to Carol without looking at her, then he got a rope from his pocket and grabbed Negan's hands.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I don't trust him, I don't believe a word he says..." Daryl growled.

"But he is telling the truth, I let him out..." said Carol. Daryl glanced at her.

"Maybe, but he burned down Hilltop. Let's go to the spikes, I wanna see Alpha's head with my own eyes," Daryl growled. I couldn't believe it. I've never seen him acting like this before. Daryl tied Negan's hands behind his back.

"Are you alright?" I asked Negan quietly, he nodded.

"I got used to it," he said in his low voice.

"Get away from him, Quinn, I won't ask twice. He is not the man you think he is," said Daryl, I was speechless. Daryl grabbed his crossbow from Carol's hands and pushed Negan through the door, Carol stepped next to me and we followed them outside.