Chapter 91 - Nervous

Author's notes: !!IMPORTANT!! Hi! So I'm back again, I successfully passed the exam, so everything is back to normal! :D Thank You for your patience!

...

Carol, Alexandria

The next day

Carol was sitting on a chair by the table on the back porch, watching the sunrise. Henry and Lydia were still asleep. Carol felt frustrated and confronted. They needed food, but the walls needed to be fixed and she still didn't want to leave Henry and Lydia alone, especially now that she heard about this new group, which murdered Maggie's people. Her stomach shrank and stayed like that since Daryl was the first who volunteered to go on this mission. Tears were stinging her eyes, but she quickly wiped them, before they could fall.

"You up so early?" asked Daryl as he stepped through the door. Carol exhaled sharply.

"Can't sleep," she mumbled. Daryl was examining her with his eyes, then he slowly sat in front of her. Carol glanced at him.

"Are you cryin'?" asked Daryl.

"No", stated Carol as she sniffed.

"What's wrong?" asked Daryl while leaning closer.

Carol shook her head, turned her eyes away.

"Come on," said Daryl, trying to get her to talk. Carol looked him in the eyes.

"Maggie said it's dangerous. And I can't go with you," she said sadly.

"I know. We need you here. To fix the wall and protect the kids," said Daryl growling in his low voice gently.

"What if something happens? I have a bad feeling," said Carol worryingly, turning her eyes away.

"I always come back. You know that," stated Daryl, watching her the entire time. Carol looked him in the eye again, nodding.

"I know," she said. She stood up suddenly and wanted to escape the situation but Daryl stood up too and grabbed her arm, stepped in her way.

"Hey," he said. Carol stopped and looked at him. "I'll come back," he stated to reassure her. Carol nodded, looking him in the eye. Daryl took her hand and squeezed it gently while staring at each other for a couple of minutes, then Daryl slowly leaned closer to her and gently kissed her lips.

"Don't do this now," said Carol and backed away quickly. Daryl stared at her startled. "It's like you're saying goodbye forever," said Carol turning her eyes away.

"I'm saying goodbye, but not forever," said Daryl, as he eased up. He got scared for a moment, that he did something wrong, but then Carol clarified that she was just worried. He embraced her tightly and Carol hugged him back, buried her face in his shoulder.

"Be very, very careful out there," said Carol quietly.

"Will be," murmured Daryl and tried again. He backed away a little to look Carol in the eye, then kissed her gently again. This time she let him.

...

In the meantime, Quinn and Negan were already packing their weapons and a little bit of food for the journey.

"Are you sure you're alright?" asked Negan one more time.

"Yes," I stated confidently. "I'm not gonna stay here while you're out there with Maggie."

"Fair point," said Negan. "Just let me know if you feel dizzy or anything."

"Alright, alright," I said waving it off. I felt completely fine, he was over worrying. Suddenly we heard a thunderclap.