Chapter 102 - Moonlight

Quinn, Negan, Daryl, Gabriel, and Elijah

Suddenly I woke up a little bit startled as I felt the carriage stop. I didn't realize I fell asleep. It was already dark at night. Negan was still sitting next to me on the carriage.

"Hey, you okay?" asked Negan frowning his eyebrows questioningly. I was a little bit confused.

"Sorry, I didn't realize I fell asleep," I said wiping my eyes, then glancing around. "Where are we?"

"Halfway. We just agreed on settling down for the night," he explained. I glanced at Elijah, he was asleep too. Then I glanced at Gabriel, our eyes met for a second, and then I realized Daryl was missing.

"Where's Daryl?" I asked.

"Looking for food," said Negan.

"Alone?" I asked a bit worryingly.

"He didn't go far," said Gabriel smiling at me gently. I nodded thanks to him, then I turned back to Negan.

"Let's get off of this thing," he suggested. As Negan was sitting between me and Elijah, I had to get down first to get out of his way. So I climbed down, while he woke up Elijah. Gabriel was resting a bit with his eyes closed.

"Hey, kid, we stop for a while. You should get off and stretch your legs," said Negan. Elijah nodded and gathered himself up. Negan climbed down, then we helped Elijah. I grabbed the long cushion from the carriage we were sitting on and lay it on the ground, so Elijah could lay down on it. I think his leg was broken, but I wasn't sure. Daryl and Maggie took care of him back at the infirmary, before Maggie left. Negan helped Elijah to the cushion and helped him lay down.

"Thank you," said Elijah. I got distracted by Gabriel who was trying to get off of the other carriage, but he was in pain too, so I hurried next to him and helped him down.

"Thank you, Quinn," he said smiling. Negan looked around in the meantime and found a log. He put it next to Elijah so Gabriel could sit down and he did so.

"We should look for firewood," Negan suggested, Gabriel and I nodded in agreement. So Negan led the way and I followed him. The moon was almost full so we could still see our way. I glanced at him as we were walking, he was still limping.

"Do you feel any pain besides in your leg?" I asked. He glanced at me and shrugged his shoulder.

"No," he said.

"I mean, where you got punched. Your stomach doesn't hurt or anything?" I asked. He started smiling.

"It doesn't hurt anymore," he said as he glanced at me.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to suddenly collapse on the ground and have internal troubles or..." I said but couldn't finish because he stopped and shut me up with a kiss. My hands were immediately on the back of his neck and he wrapped his arms around me. No Maggie, no Daryl, no one was out there to oppose us at that moment. So we were making out for who knows how long. When we finally stopped, we tried to catch our breaths.

"We should look for firewood," I reminded him.

"Mm-hmm," he said and pecked my lips quickly. "Yeah, let's go," he said and let go of me, but still held my hand in his hand.

"So... you're not in any pain, right?" I asked. He smiled again.

"No. My leg hurts and my arm hurts, but those are minor wounds. Nothing serious. How about your head?" he returned the question, now his smile faded away.