Chapter 113 - Peace and Quiet

Quinn and Negan, Alexandria

I felt like I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think straight. No one has control over their feelings. No one.

Negan just took my breath away. Every heartbeat I produced was because of him. He was the cause of the redness on my cheeks and he was the reason I smiled. Negan was everything. We spent another day just like that. Eating, talking, and making love. A lot. I think we wanted it for a very long time and finally, we had the opportunity so we took our chances. But at the same time... it popped into my head that I should talk to Daryl. About what happened during our last journey. And I should say thank you to Jesus for searching for me. He really didn't have to do that. And yet he was always there when I was in need. I can't just spend all my days in bed with Negan. However good it felt.

"You're very quiet," Negan pointed out while we were having breakfast.

"I really love spending all this time with you, but... I should talk to Jesus and Daryl, and start saying goodbyes soon," I explained. Negan put the fork down and leaned back in his chair.

"Okay," he said.

"I'll talk to them today, all of them and then we can pack our stuff tomorrow," I said. Negan nodded approvingly.

"Sure, do that. Just be careful," he said.

"You should be careful. Stay inside, please. I don't want you walking around in Alexandria and getting into trouble," I said.

"I could say the same thing, but you're going out anyway," he said grumpily.

"Negan... I'll come back soon. I'll be back for dinner at the latest," I said as I put my hand on his hand.

"Okay. Be very, very careful," he said.

"I might have to go out, I think I can only talk to Daryl if he goes out hunting," I explained.

"Awesome. Cool."

"Are you mad?" I asked. He let out a sigh.

"Trying not to be. We promised we won't leave Alexandria without each other."

"I'm not leaving, I just go for a walk with Daryl, then I come back, today," I reassured him.

"I hope you do," he said, his beautiful eyes were shadowed by a little grumpiness.

"I'll come back," I stated. I stood up, put the dishes into the washer, kissed Negan's cheek, and went upstairs to get dressed, then I left. I headed to Carol, I knocked on the door.

"Hey," she said. "Done finally?" she asked referring to our past days with Negan. Of course, she figured out what we were doing, it was pretty obvious.

"Is Daryl here?" I asked, changing the topic, smiling embarrassedly.

"He just headed out. If you're quick you might catch him on the road," she said.

I thanked her, then I hurried towards the gates, walking with long, fast steps. I saw Maggie and her bunch by the wall, still fixing and mending and strengthening it, but I didn't even look at them. Aaron was on the post today.

"Hey, Aaron. Can you let me out?" I asked.

"Where're you going?" he asked suspiciously.

"After Daryl. Wanna talk to him," I said glancing up at Aaron on the post. He nodded convinced and opened the gate. "Thanks!" I said as I hurried outside. I started running and after I turned around the corner I saw Daryl's back in the distance.