Chapter 140 (short) - New Home

Quinn and Negan, Safehouse

(25 weeks pregnant)

We were tired after walking for so long but finally made it to the street where we were supposed to go. Negan stopped and put our bags down. The sun was about to go down.

"I'll check it out, wait here," he said. And he disappeared behind the fence with the gun. I was holding on to the other gun we took and was looking around nervously. The house was really lovely, the area seemed undisturbed for a long while and somewhat seemed safe, but I was still anxious. I was worried about our baby, I was worried about my friends back at the Commonwealth and Alexandria, also Hilltop... I took a deep breath slowly but didn't let out a sigh. I was on edge, looking around nervously. The house Negan picked for us had a huge fence around, also it was a huge house, not a mansion, but a big one, so we could create a second line of protection even if the outer walls would be destroyed. As I was thinking about this Negan walked back to me casually having the gun lowered in one hand.

"Everything's good," he said. I finally let out a sigh but didn't lower my gun. Negan noticed it, looked at me meaningfully for a while as he grabbed our bags from the ground, then turned around and led the way. I looked behind my back once more before I followed him inside. Negan put down the bags in the hall and went back outside to lock the gate and the front door. He already opened all the windows to let some fresh air in. I was still holding the gun anxiously. He stepped in front of me and gently took the gun from me. I let him.

"It's okay. We're safe here," he said gently trying to calm me down. I nodded and tried to breathe in and out slowly. He hung the guns on the coat hanger on the wall, then turned back to face me, looking me in the eyes. "I know it's a lot now, but try to calm down a bit."

He slowly caressed my cheek and I started to ease up. I nodded in agreement.

"I know you're right, but I just can't right now... They are all in danger and I can't do anything. I will go crazy sitting around here."

He let out a sigh and let his hand fall back.

"You have to believe they all gonna be fine. That's all we can do now. You can't go out and fight."

"I know! I know..." I said nervously.

"Hey... come here..." he said and embraced me. He stroked my back calming me down. I buried my face in his chest. "It's okay... everything's gonna be okay."

"Yeah... just stay here with me, okay?" I asked once again. I wanted to make sure he doesn't go out to help Carol and Daryl again, like he did when the whisperers came.

"I won't go anywhere," he said and a kiss landed on my forehead. I let out a relieved sigh.

...

We searched the entire house room by room for walkers and useful stuff. We also cleaned it out and put our clothes in the wardrobe and the food we brought into the cupboards. No more fancy fridge, no more coffee... again.

The house was spacious. There were two rooms and a bathroom upstairs. Living room, kitchen, and another bathroom downstairs. Of course, there wasn't water and electricity, but there was a well in the garden. They probably used it to water the plants outside. Negan immediately started working on the house. He even climbed to the roof to check its state.

He got a water safety test in the Commonwealth which Daryl stole for us from their office. Negan checked if the well was clean, then used the test on the water. While waiting for the result, he started cleaning up the mess around the well. The test revealed the water was drinkable, but still, because of the baby, we had to boil it. Not tonight though, we still had a lot of water we brought with us. When we couldn't see anymore in the dark I lit a candle. Negan sat down deadbeat tired. He had to carry all our stuff and he did everything alone. I wasn't allowed to bend over or do any physical work at this point. He forbade me. We didn't talk much that night. I stepped next to him and caressed his forehead and cheeks. I kissed his cheek too and with that, he fell asleep sitting in the armchair. I made sure everything was locked, even put a chair in front of the door, blocking the door handle. The windows had grating on them which made me feel better. Finally, I let out a sigh. I didn't want to leave Negan but the couch was so narrow. I had to go upstairs to sleep in the bed. I spread a blanket on Negan, kissed his forehead gently then headed upstairs to get some sleep.

...

Author's notes: No music this time. They need some quiet time. 😊 ❤

Also, I'd like to kindly ask for your patience. I got really very busy, even on the weekends, so I'm struggling to find time to write. I'm really sorry. I don't want to just abandon this story, I love it so much, also I'm so close to finishing it, I think maybe in 1 or 2 chapters I can end it. However, I need to find the time to actually write my ideas down and I want to keep up quality, not rushing it over and uploading it with spelling mistakes and stuff. So... I have no idea how much time I need because I'm trying to find the time. So I can't promise anything when I'm going to upload the ending, but I WILL UPLOAD. It's not gonna stay unfinished, I can tell you that much. I have no idea when. 2 weeks or 2 months, I don't know. I'm sorry. So just... I don't know, save this story to your library and look out for the ending. I will upload it, just don't know when yet. So just wait for the notification or check back sometimes, because the ending will come. Sorry about this. Thank You all for staying! ❤