Chapter 88 - Forgiven

Quinn & Negan, Alexandria

I took my hand off of Negan's cheek and quickly wiped away my tears. He wiped his eyes too and sniffed.

"I am so... so terribly sorry..." I said slowly. Suddenly he turned to me and embraced me so strongly like he never wanted to let go of me ever again. I burst into another round of tears. I buried my face in his neck. "I'm so sorry," I said again. We were staying like that for a long time, both of our tears silently pouring.

"I don't want to lose you..." he said quietly. I slipped my hand on the back of his neck, into his hair, stroking the back of his head. He buried his face into my neck. "Promise me you will never go out alone or with anyone else but me," he said.

"We can't avoid something like this... If anyone would have been with me, both of us would have been taken," I said gently.

"Just promise me you won't go anywhere without me," he said again as he lifted his head to look me in the eye very seriously.

"Okay. I won't go outside without you."

He let out a sigh and put his forehead against mine. We both closed our eyes and stayed like that for a while.

"It breaks my heart when I think about the things I said to you...," I said quietly.

"Don't think about it. I try not to. You should try too," he said gently.

"Are you not mad at me?" I asked carefully.

"Why would I be mad at you?" he asked. We were still in the same position, foreheads together, eyes closed.

"The things I said..."

"You didn't say those things," he said quietly.

"I'm still sorry. I would never want to hurt you in any way," I said.

"I know,"

"Except when you mock me," I said slightly smiling.

"When did I mock you?" he asked. I felt on my forehead that he frowned his eyebrows.

"When I told you how I got friend-zoned by Daryl," I said chuckling sadly.

"No, that was a thousand years ago. I wasn't myself and you weren't yourself."

"Yeah, that's true."

"You wanted to hurt me for that?" he asked disbelievingly.

"Well... I could have slapped your face," I said smiling slightly.

"Damn... I'm sorry for mocking you," he said gently, but I heard in his voice that he was smiling too.

"It was a thousand years ago," I repeated his words.

"I'm glad you got friend-zoned," he said still smiling.

"Yeah, I'm glad too," I said chuckling softly.

Negan let out a sigh.

"I could stay like this forever with you," he said.

"Me too."

We didn't say anything for a couple of minutes.

"I'm in love with you," he said suddenly.

I felt like my heart fell out of my chest, but then I knew it was still in its place because it started pounding crazily. It was the first time he told me since we found each other again.