Chapter 83 - Just Another Dark Night

Quinn, Negan, Carol, Daryl and Jesus, in the forest

Negan was carrying Quinn back to Alexandria, he was so tired, but he wouldn't stop, because she needed help. They had no idea why she wasn't waking up. Carol was walking closely next to Negan when suddenly she noticed Quinn was moving.

"Wait a minute! I think she's waking up!" Carol said. Everyone stopped, looked at her, then at Quinn.

Negan kneeled down to rest, holding Quinn in his arms like that. He didn't want to put her down on the ground, because it was cold. Jesus and Daryl were turning their flashlights towards Quinn, to see her better, they stepped closer.

"She's all sweaty and shaking," said Negan worrying. "What did they do to her??"

Quinn suddenly opened her eyes and tried to stand up but couldn't. It was hard to watch. Negan didn't let her go, he supported her.

"Quinn? Quinn where are you going?" asked Negan worrying like crazy. Quinn looked at him like she didn't recognize him, then she got shocked.

"It's Negan!! Tell Rick we captured Negan!" she said to Carol. There were several minutes of silence. Everyone was stunned and heartbroken, especially Negan. It was his worst nightmare, seeing Quinn turning against him.

"What?" he breathed. "Quinn?"

Daryl stepped closer to her and looked her in the eye.

"Quinn, do you know who I am?" he asked. Quinn was very unfocused, but she looked at him after a couple of minutes.

"You have sooooo beautiful eyes," she said confused.

"What the fuck is wrong with her?" asked Negan devastated.

"I have to tell Rick we got Negan and you have beautiful eyes..." she said and was about to go somewhere, but she was so disoriented, Negan and Jesus had to catch her from falling. Carol was watching stunned, speechless, worrying. Daryl stepped in front of Quinn once again and looked at her eyes while using his flashlight, examining her like a doctor.

"She's stoned," said Daryl finally.

"What?" asked Jesus disbelievingly.

"Fuckin' high," said Daryl. "I think they fed her magic mushroom. Can't walk, can't talk normally. Hallucinates. They fed her a lot to get this high."

Everyone was staring at Quinn disbelievingly.

"What can we do?" asked Carol.

"Nothing. Wait for it to go away," said Daryl.

"Oh my god..." said Carol, emotionally. "Is it dangerous? She looks so bad."

"Nah. She'll get out of it. Takes a couple of hours though," said Daryl.

"How do you know all these?" asked Negan still stunned.

"Merle," said Daryl, avoiding eye contact. When Negan looked at Carol questioningly, she said quietly:

"His brother."

Negan nodded understandingly, he got it right away that he wasn't around anymore.

"Does Rick know that we captured Negan?" asked Quinn, staring at Negan.

Everyone was shocked and devastated. It was hard to see Quinn like this. Jesus stepped in front of her this time.

"Quinn, listen. You'll get out of this. You'll be fine. Just stay strong for a little while, okay?" he said.

"I had a dream where you died, Abraham," she replied.