Chapter 75 - Torn Hearts

Quinn & Negan, Alexandria

When we reached Alexandria, we got taken aback. We didn't expect the view we saw. Alexandria was ruined by the whisperers. We were all looking around disbelievingly. Carol stepped next to me.

"Those assholes," she said. "Let's check our houses," she said. I glanced at her and nodded. Carol, Henry, Lydia, Judith, RJ, Negan, and I were heading in the direction of our houses. As we approached we saw those two were fortunately intact.

Carol went inside with the kids, I searched my pocket for my key. I opened the door and stepped inside. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Seems like they didn't get in," I said.

"I'll look around, just to make sure," said Negan. He went upstairs and checked every room one by one. I did the same downstairs. I opened every cupboard, checked behind and under the couch, everywhere. I heard his steps, coming down.

"Clear," he said.

"Yeah, nothing's here either," I said as I glanced around once more. "That's good luck. We should help the others rebuild the wall."

"Yeah," Negan agreed. "But I'm gonna change first," said Negan, glancing down at his leather jacket.

"That's a good idea," I said. "I should change too."

"After you," he said.

"Thanks," I said and I headed upstairs. I quickly got changed, I put on black trousers, a grey T-shirt and my brown jacket, then I went downstairs. Negan checked me out without saying anything, I got embarrassed. He didn't realize I noticed. He went upstairs and got changed too, he got grey trousers, a white T-shirt, a blue jacket and a brown beanie. As he came downstairs, I smiled to myself.

"What?" he asked.

"I've never seen you wearing a beanie before."

"It's cold."

"Okay," I said and kept smiling. We headed outside to check how we can help. We stumbled upon Carol who was already busy, even though we just arrived like twenty minutes ago. She glanced at us.

"Perfect timing," she said. "Come on. You can help fix that house, or you can help here with the wall," she said, while she was struggling with a piece of metal.

"I'll check the house-" said Negan.

"I help you with the wall-" I said.

We replied at the same time, we glanced at each other, chuckling. Carol straightened up, put her hands on her hips, and looked at us frowning her eyebrows.

"Charming. Now, let's get to work," she said mocking us. I felt my face go red. I glanced at Negan.

"See you later," I said.

He nodded and left to check out the ruined house.

I helped Carol with the piece of metal she was struggling with.

"I wonder where's Daryl," she said quietly.

"I hope he is okay," I said. I saw Aaron and Jesus working on another house, I smiled at Jesus, he waved at me. I turned my gaze back at the wall.

"I miss Eugene," I said.

"Yeah? I thought Negan was all you wanted," said Carol mocking me.

"Come on. Eugene is my friend. Almost like you and Daryl, except we both love someone else. Actually, that was a shitty example, because you and Daryl have always been in love."