Chapter 43: A Brawl in the Basement

One would expect Asmo to scream about this upon seeing his date riding on top of Cerberus who even he, a brother of Lucifer, couldn't get near!

And actually, he did.

And his scream has been loud enough to reach the top floors of the House of Lamentation.

Enough for the rest of the demon brothers to go down to the basement and see the ruckus.

"Lucifer! I thought only you can order Cerberus around! What is she doing on top of him UNHARMED?!" Asmodeus shrieked.

"What is going on here?" Beel asked when he reached the basement along with the others.

"Don't you know that I am in the middle of a new game just now?! I am near to crushing the boss level witch when Asmo just has to ruin my combo by startling me because of his scream!" Levi complained.

"Who's that on top of Cerberus?" Belphie asked. He was about to complain about how it is the middle of the night (although it always looks nighttime in the Devildom) and they are making loud noises that are enough to disturb him in his peaceful sleep. He forgot his complaints upon seeing the girl on top of Cerberus.

"WHA?! I thought only Lucifer got to order Cerberus around?! Who's that?! And what is she doing there, huh?!" Mammon asked.

"I can control Cerberus, but Cerberus is just a dog. He can be trained to obey someone else," Lucifer explained as he transformed into his demon form.

"He is right. Remember how Lucifer taught me how to control Cerberus as well?" Satan reminded.

"Yeah. But you are still can not master it," Mammon teased.

"Try to control the big dog, I dare you! You can't even take good care of your hound dog because you are always gambling!" Satan countered.

"THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR QUARRELING!" Lucifer shouted. Then, he turned to Asmodeus, "When we are done with this, you will have a fitting punishment. One that even Mammon haven't experienced yet."

Asmodeus gulped. 

"And I thought I already get the worst of the worst punishments," Mammon whispered.

"Get ready. We are not going to go easy on this one," Lucifer declared.

"So, we are gonna fight?!" Mammon asked excitedly and transformed into his demon form.

"We've never crushed anyone so badly since our first day in the Devildom!" Satan said in his demon form, just as excited as Mammon upon the thought of beating up someone.

"It is one to seven. Two, if we include Cerberus-" Beel started as he transformed in his demon form at the same time as his twin: Belphie.

"Four if you include his heads," Leviathan chipped in, already in his demon form, Lotan already summoned.

"Will it be a fair fight?" Belphie asked, feeling awake and alert for once.

Alice, who heard everything, cackled. "Oh, I may be outnumbered, but all of you are going to fall in the end!"

Meanwhile, up in her room,  Merielle was able to hear everything. The rest of the demon brothers had forbidden her to come down to the basement for her own safety.

"Promise me you won't come down! Whatever happens! Save yourself. Alright?!" Mammon had told her. His voice was full of fear for the young human.

"Will you be alright? All of you?" she asked nervously.

"Oh, please. You are in front of the seven demon rulers of the Devildom! We are elites!" Mammon said proudly, trying his best to hide his fear.

"He is right. Rest assured that we will be safe," Satan had said.

Then they were gone, off to the basement where chaos can be heard.

Almost thirty minutes had passed and the brothers still haven't come back up. Merielle already sent messages to Diavolo, Barbatos, and Solomon and told them what was happening. Solomon apparently told Simeon and Luke about this and the two quickly went up to the Celestial Realm to report this to Michael. What for, Merielle wondered, she never knew. She doesn't have the faintest idea as to why the angels should be informed about this since she grew up knowing that angels and demons are mortal enemies.

Twenty-five minutes ago, Diavolo, Barbatos, and Solomon arrived at the House of Lamentation's basement. The three were shocked as to what lay before them.

"What is going on in here?!" Diavolo asked. His tone is in a warning tone, which is new to him. He is always calm, but seeing the brothers bloodied and bruised on the floor tells him that peaceful negotiations won't be easily executed in this situation.

"All of them... defeated?" Solomon whispered. Even the most powerful sorcerer is alarmed.

"This is no joke, young master Diavolo," Barbatos said.

"I am fully aware," Diavolo said.

Solomon stared at the witch ahead. He looked at her closer... and closer.. until she finally figured it out.

"Alice! It's Alice!" Solomon exclaimed. Diavolo and Barbatos saw how scared and surprised he became.

"Alice?! The witch who-" Diavolo started but never finished because the witch already threw a fireball at him to which Barbatos countered with a spell. The fireball erupted in sparkling embers of red and orange in the air.

"Be... careful..." Lucifer said faintly before passing out with the rest of his brothers.

Magic came from both sides as Alice fought against the king of the Devildom, a demon of time, and a powerful, human sorcerer. But no matter how Diavolo uses his power, or Barbatos uses his, or even Solomon, unbelievably, the three ended up the same fate as Lucifer and his brothers: blooded and defeated on the cold floor.

"No one can stop me!" Alice declared. "I spent years studying all of you! No matter how powerful all of you are, there is something that all of you have in common! One common weakness! One that I have spent years of trial and error before I finally achieved in producing it!"

"What... could she... be talking about...?" Diavolo whispered weakly as he looked at everyone: the seven demon brothers, Barbatos, and Solomon. All weak and powerless against the witch in front of them.

A scream pierced the basement.

"You..." Alice said with a smirk.

Diavolo turned his gaze at the human girl at the door of the basement.

"Merielle... no..." Diavolo said weakly, his body failing him until everything went black for the king of the Devildom.