Chapter 10: Night with Nightmares

MERIELLE'S POV

     Mammon (after battling with Asmodeus) opened the door for me to my room. I wandered my eyes around. To be honest, I expected my room to be something creepy. Spiders, cockroaches, cobwebs, and dripping waxes from candles. I guess all of those are just in the movies. These demons know how to treat a guest.

     "This is wonderful!" I said as I flopped down on the bed.

     "Yeah. Ya still like it. That's good," Mammon said, his hands on his hips and smiles widely.

     "I can't wait to sleep here after dinner. After everything that happened, I do need rest," I said as I spread my arms wide on the soft bed.

     "Why, Merielle! You are still a cutie, especially in bed!" Asmodeus said as he sat down on the left side of the bed next to me.

     "Don't get any ideas, Asmo," Levi said as he sat on the right side of the bed in crossed-legs.

     "Get off Merielle's bed! Both of you!" Mammon ordered his brothers.

     "Why don't you tell us some stories about what you did in the human world, Merielle?" Levi told me.

     "Yeah! Feel free to ignore the moron," Asmo said, referring to Mammon.

     "Hey! Who are you calling a moron, huh?" Mammon said grumpily.

     "Just shut up, Mammon. Ugh!" Asmo complained.

     Oh, I don't want them to fight! "Would you like to listen to my stories, Mammon?" I asked kindly.

     Mammon rubbed the back of his neck and looked away. "Uhhmm... I dunno... sure, I guess. It's not like I have a choice."

     Levi laughed. "ROFL LMAAAOOOO! Mammon is such a tsundere! That is so lame! LOOOL!"

     "I have no idea what you just said," Asmo told Levi.

     "Do not be mistaken, Levi. I love tsundere!" I said.

     Levi looked at me. "Ugh. You are such a normie. Only lame normies would like tsundere."

     "I may be a normie here in Devildom, Levi, but I am not a normie up in the human world," I told Levi competitively. "Wanna watch animes sometime? I have a lot to recommend!"

     "It seems you have changed a bit, Merielle," Levi said. "You don't like animes before."

     "Indeed," I said. "Even after I got out of the hospital, I did not take any interest in animes until I watched this very funny, but romantic anime! It is about a normal human girl who had become a lady goddess of the land. She met a kitsune who she forced to become her familiar. A lot has happened and it is really cool to watch! We really should watch it together!"

     "Woah. Woah. Woah. I'm gonna be watching, too, alright!" Mammon said.

     "Ooooh! Count me in, too!" Asmo said.

     "I guess the plot sounds okay. Sure, we can watch it tomorrow. There is no school tomorrow so, we can use it to watch that anime," Levi said. "I have other games I still need to play, but those can take a back-seat for now."

     "I finished the first season of that anime in a day, then I finished the season two in two days, and the OVA in just half a day! I am working on buying all twenty-five mangas of it, but since I am here, I am pretty sure my collecting should be delayed," I said.

     Asmodeus, Mammon, Leviathan, and I talked and laughed more about the things I told them. I told them some of the movies I watched, some of the things I did, and they did the same. They told me about what they had been doing while I was up in the human world. They also told me some of my moments with them when I was an exchange student at RAD for the first time. Even though I knew they are demons, I feel easy around them, as if they are normal people.