Chapter 33: Go Out With Me?

MERIELLE'S POV

    Mammon spent the next five minutes explaining to his younger brother about his current situation while his younger brother, Satan, just sat on the sofa, listening. Thankfully, with a little more of my convincing, he agreed to help us.

     "But," Satan said.

     "But what?" Mammon asked.

     "I need something in return," Satan said as he gave off his signature smirk.

     I stepped in. "What is it?"

     Satan paused for a moment then said, "You will go out with me."

     "What?" I said, off guard.

     "NO WAY SHE WOULD DO THAT!" Mammon shouted.

     "No help from me, then," Satan said.

     "Fine! I can live with that!" Mammon said and pulled me out of the library.

      But just as we were completely out of the room, we heard Satan said, "And I will tell Lucifer about your bunny situation, Mammon!"

     Mammon stopped and looked at Satan furiously.

     "Be my guest!" Mammon shouted back angrily. "Even if you tell every single creature in Devildom that I have sprouted bunny ears and a bunny tail, I don't care! Merielle will NEVER go out with you!"

     "I think that is a decision that Merielle herself should make, don't you think?" Satan said. "Merielle is not a mindless drone for you to make decisions for her. She has her own mind and freedom to do exactly as she pleases."

     "W-well... I know what is best for her!" Mammon said although he sounds unsure.

     "You sound so unsure it is dumb," Satan said with a smirk.

     "HEY!" Mammon lashed. "I am the one that Lucifer assigned to take care of and watch over her!"

     "That was on her first year here," Satan reminded. "This year, it is all of us brothers who are going to take care and look after her."

     "Maybe you forgot! I am-"

     "Her first?" Satan finished.

     "Yeah!" Mammon agreed.

     "So what?" Satan said. "I don't care if you are the first demon who made a pact with Merielle. All I said is that for her to go out with me, maybe even just for a day, then I will give my aid to you."

     "And I told you!" Mammon shouted. "She won't go out with you!"

     "What is this commotion all about?" a voice called from behind us.

     "Lucifer," I breathed.

     Lucifer looked at Satan, then at Mammon, then at me. Then, his gaze fell down at Mammon and I's intertwined hands. A frown formed on Lucifer's face as he looked harder at our hands.

     A frown was formed on Lucifer's face as he looked at our hands harder. His face is growing darker and darker than it is turning really scary.

     I let go of Mammon's grip and Lucifer straightened up and focused back on his brothers.

     "All three of you, to my room. Now," Lucifer demanded. "You must all enlighten me with the ridiculousness immediately."