Chapter 19: Charmed to Tell the Tale

MERIELLE'S POV

     I know that everything is a dream, but everything is so wonderful! I can see some of my adventures with Asmodeus during my first year at RAD and Devildom! Mostly, he was trying to get his way with me. He was a total flirt, but I find it funny. I am just here, standing in the middle of everything as the memories play out.

     His brothers were constantly reminding me to be careful around Asmo, but I still find Asmo very charming, although I really am careful around him. I also found out that he couldn't easily have his way with me because he couldn't charm me. His charm powers doesn't work on me. I wonder why?

     Then, there is this memory where I am invited to a tea party at the demon lord's castle with Lucifer. Asmodeus came and said some things about him being as beautiful as a flower of something. I chuckled at that. I watched closely as everything played out.

     I found the memory that I am going to use.

     "Mmmhhh..." I muttered. My head still hurts for a little bit, but it is slowly fading until I finally sat up. Am I in bed? 

     "Merielle! Thank goodness you are awake!" I heard Mammon say.

     Mammon helped me sit up straight and everyone else crowded around me.

     "I don't want Merielle drinking any kind of potion again without my consent, understood, Solomon?" I heard a familiar, stern voice said.

    "Understood, Lucifer," Solomon said in his usual calm voice.

     I was shocked to see Lucifer here inside my room. What is he doing here? How long has he been here?

    "You're here, Lucifer? What for?" I asked as I rub my head.

     "To check on you. How could you be so stupid? Drinking a potion without knowing its side effects?" Lucifer scolded at me.

     "Sorry..." I said as I hung my head low.

     "Anyway, you have a spell to unbreak, don't you?" Lucifer asked which gave me quite a shock.

     "How did you-" I said mid-sentence.

     "It is obvious, is it not?" Lucifer cut in as he narrowed his eyes on me. "Levi, Beel, and Belphie are curred from the spell with the thirteen days still not up. Also, I have them tell me your plan. I will be supervising this one and the next."

     "Don't you have more important things to do?" I asked. Having Lucifer around makes me kinda nervous.

     "No," Lucifer said firmly.

     "The more of us to supervise you, the better, Merielle," Belphie said.

     "Fine," I said in defeat.

     "Do you have a memory in mind now, Merielle? It only lasts for six hours," Solomon reminded me.

     "Yeah, let's go," I said as I get up. "Where's Asmo?"

     "He's inside his room," Lucifer said as he opened my door.

     Why am I feeling weird around Lucifer? Argh! This is so weird! This must be a side effect of the potion. This will be gone soon, I hope.

     Lucifer, Mammon, Belphegor, Beelzebub, Leviathan, Solomon, and I went to Asmodeus's room. I opened the door for a little bit and saw that Asmo is touching up in his mirror, brushing his hair and looking at his face. He is so focused!

     "He really does care for his looks too much," I said without thinking.

     "Go and finish this immediately," Lucifer whispered. "Me and the others will be here at the door and watch, just in case something unpleasant will happen."