Chapter 34: The Nickname and the Fights

MERIELLE'S POV

     Two seconds ago, I just finished summarizing everything that happened to start from when Mammon barged into my room (I left out the part where he revealed a part of his masochist self) up to the part where I met Satan at the library (I left out the part where he became quite charming) until I got to the end where Mammon and Satan ended their argument about Satan wanting to go out with me.\

     "I mean... he couldn't have meant it as a date, right Tan Tan?" I asked while giving the Satan guy (or demon) the just-play-along look.

     "I meant it as a date," he immediately answered.

     I let out a frustrated groan.

     Mammon balled his fist. "Now you gave him a nickname?"

     "I am feeling like I kinda like to call him that way," I reasoned.

     "Why?" Mammon asked.

     "Jealous, are you?" Tan Tan teased.

     Lucifer composed himself by massaging his temples.

     "Why are you always in trouble, Mammon? With the witches, most of all," Lucifer complained.

     "Oh, so are we really gonna ignore the part where Satan has a nickname from Merielle now?" Mammon complained.

     "Hard to believe that he is actually the second eldest, huh, Merielle?" Satan whispered, but loud enough for all of us in the room to hear.

     "OH SHUT UP, WILL 'YA?!" Mammon shouted.

     "You know," Tan Tan continued. "Because of your unbelievably high level of stupidity, you didn't know that you are the one who's actually supposed to shut up! You don't have to shout! We are like, only a meter away from you, idiot! You are so loud, you are like a pig being slaughtered and will soon be roasted on fire with an apple on its open mouth!"

     "Sounds delicious! Where is it?" someone called from Lucifer's room's door as it opened.

     "What are you doing here, Beel?" Lucifer asked as all of us turned around to see that it is Beel with drool on his mouth.

     "I heard Satan say something that sounds like delicious food," Beel said innocently.

     "Seriously, Beel?" I said, trying hard not to laugh, but just let out a smile.

     "We are not talking about food, Beel!" Mammon shouted.

     "Oh," Beel said as he sadly closed the door.

     "Hey, Beel!" I called before he completely closed the door. Beel poked his head out to look at me. "Let's make dessert later."

     "GREAT! Looking forward to it," Beel said and quickly closed the door.

     When I turned back around, I saw that everyone was looking at me.

     "What?" I asked innocently. "I just hate seeing him sad. He is the softest among all of your brothers."

     "Softest? Not very demon-like," Tan Tan said.

      "Yet you like cats, Tan Tan. They make you look soft," I countered.

     Tan Tan smirked. "Fair enough." He then paused then looked back at me. "I'm going to get used to you calling me Tan Tan."

     "You like it?" I asked with a smile. He smiled back. I'll take that as a yes.

     "Sounds like a cat or a dog's name to me," Mammon said then laughed.

     Tan Tan growled.

     Before another fight breaks out between the two, Lucifer stepped in with a shout of, "Enough!"

     Mammon, Tan Tan, and I stood straight back up then fixed our eyes on Lucifer.

     "Satan, you are free to help or not. Now, go," Lucifer simply said.

     "Fine by me," Tan Tan said and left instantly.

     "As for you, Mammon," Lucifer continued, his eyes fixed on Mammon. "You will find a way to fix this mess that you are in immediately. But really, I don't mind if you are a rabbit half of the day. Makes everything quiet in Devildom."

     "Geez, thanks," Mammon said sarcastically. "May I go now?"

     "Sure," Lucifer said and Mammon turned away to leave.

     "I will help you later!" I called out to him.

     "Thanks a lot!" Mammon shouted back.

     "Well, he sounded grateful... I think," I said.

     I heard Lucifer sigh. I turned around to look at him. It is rude to talk to someone while not facing them, after all.

     "And now... Merielle," Lucifer said with a whole different look on his eyes.

     I mustered out a smile. "That's me. Anything you need? Or am I in trouble, too?"

     "Oh, you are not in trouble," Lucifer said. "But I do need you."

     "What?" I asked, off guard.

     Don't get any funny ideas, self! You already had enough with Mammon and Tan Tan!

     "I need you, Merielle," Lucifer repeated. "A lot."

     *Gulp* Uhh... help?