Chapter 16: Once Upon a Sweet Dream

MERIELLE'S POV

     "So, who do you guys think should I should remove the spell on him next?" I asked Beelzebub, Leviathan, and Mammon.

     After we got home and ate dinner, we all gathered around inside my room to discuss the matter of unbreaking the other demons' spells. I want to fix this as soon as possible. Naturally, we asked Lucifer for help.

     "I already have tons of matter to attend to," Lucifer told me inside his room. Beel, Levi, and Mammon were waiting for me outside Lucifer's room. "But..." Lucifer added with a smile. "If you can't fix this, it will be alright. The spell will wear off on its own in thirteen days, anyway. So, don't need to worry your little head too much."

     I kinda blushed in his last sentence. I thanked him anyway and went out of his room. I gestured the three demons outside to follow me to my room and now here we are!

     "But Lucifer said-" Mammon said in mid-sentence.

     "I know what Lucifer said, Mammon," I interrupted. "But thirteen days is just too long for me. I couldn't just wait around. And what if they hide from me after the thirteenth day and put the spell back on? I can't wait for another thirteen days."

     "Mh... I agree..." Beel said, totally understanding.

     "Maybe Satan should be the last one to whom you should unspell to," Levi said.

     "Why?" I asked.

     "He is the one who put the spell to everyone, except Mammon and Lucifer, of course. We need a lot of back-up when it comes to dealing with him. When the others are unspelled and convinced, that's when we should unspell Satan. Just in case," Levi explained.

     "Also, don't forget Asmo here," Mammon said, sounding worried. "If what Merielle should be doing is tappin' on his deepest desire and that Merielle should be involved..."

     "Well..." Levi muttered, sounding worried as well.

     "Uhmm..." Beel muttered. He is even starting to sound worried.

     Mammon is right about Asmo. Eesh... Asmo's deepest desire. G'aahhh! Asmodeus is the avatar of lust! Knowing him... his greatest desire would be... and I should be...

     "Uhuh... m-maybe we should get Asmo second to the last," I said with a flushed smile. " *ehem* So, Satan is last, Asmo is second to the last. That leaves us to..."

     "Belphie!" Beel perked up.

     "Belphie is safe," Levi said, relieved.

     "But Belphie is the avatar of sloth!" Mammon said. "Which means his greatest desire would be just sleepin', right? How abou' that?"

     "Uhhmmm..." I said as I try tracking my brain for ideas.

     "Maybe we should leave this for tomorrow, Merielle," Beel said as he stood up. "We all might have fresher ideas after a good night's sleep."

     I agreed with Beel and so does Levi and Mammon. We all bid each other good night and started getting ready for bed.

     I couldn't easily sleep. I kept tossing and turning. The next thing I knew, it is already midnight.

     "Ugh... when is sleep gonna start visiting me?!" I told myself, irritated. At this rate, I will be sleeping during class hours tomorrow!

     Just then, I heard a noise. It is coming from outside my room. Who could be awake beside me at this hour? Although greatly nervous, I decided to take a peek. I saw a shadow coming down the stairs. I tiptoed towards the shadow until I could finally see more clearly who it is.