Chapter 2: Deanne, Jate, and Amadio

MERIELLE'S POV

     I arrived at school with still thirty minutes to spare, as usual. I stood in front of a cherry blossom tree to wait for my best friends. Those two went to the hospital to greet me after the car accident. They introduced themselves as my best friends and my parents confirmed it. To be honest, because of my amnesia, even my parents had to confirm to me that they actually what they say they were. That they actually are my parents. The maids showed me pictures of me with them and my best friends showed me our pictures. After I got out of the hospital, I barely saw my parents. They don't even join me for any meals. So, my best friends called me and texted me whenever possible. 

     "Hey," a girl in front me said.

     "Oh. Hi, Jate," I greeted. 

     "I can see that Deanne is still not here, isn't she?" Jate asked.

     "No, still not here," I replied as I shook my head.

     A boy suddenly came by in his skateboard and pushed Jate and shouted, "Emo!" as he rolled off. I caught Jate just in time.

     "We'll get him," I said.

     "There is no need. I am used to it," Jate said in a somber tone,

     "Well, if you do get back on that boy, there are chances that you will mess up that beautiful face of yours," a girl said as she walked towards us.

     "You do know that I don't care about my face, right? I am ugly as ugly is," I told my girly best friend, Deanne.

     "You're joking. You're the one who gets to have the latest cosmetics in front of your vanity. I saw it when I went over to ask you for help in the English subject," Deanne said.

     "She is right," Jate pressed on. "And you are wearing make-up just now. Perfume, too,"

     "Whatever. The housemaids put them on me. When I get back to the mansion, I will wash this make-up off. This perfume scent, too," I said.

     "You always try on perfumes, Merielle. Haven't you still found the scent that suits you?" Deanne asked.

     "No," I answered. "But I do have a feeling I once did."

     "Well, Jate and I already showed you all the perfumes you used before and you said none of them seems right."

     We started walking towards the school and went straight to our classroom. When we arrived there, we sat in our usual seats. Me on the right, Deanne in the middle, and Jate on the left. We heard a couple of girls at the back whispering.

     "Have you seen the new exchange student?" a girl whispered.

     "Oh my, yes! Isn't he handsome? He is there, sitting at the back," the girl whispered back at her friend.

     "An exchange student?" Jate whispered to me and Deanne.

     "They must have gotten it wrong," I whispered back. "I mean, graduation is only a month away!"

     "Nope. They did not get it wrong," Deanne said while looking at the back of the room.

     There is an unfamiliar boy at the back. He looks so mysterious to me, that's for sure. He seems to be drawing something on a piece of paper. Then, he looked up and his eyes met mine.

     He just held his gaze at me and I did the same, like we are studying each other. Then, his lips curved into a smile that looked more of a wicked grin to me.

     Just then, our teacher went in and the class started. Of course, the teacher introduced the boy first. She introduced the new exchange student as Amadio. When asked why is there an exchange student when graduation is only a month away, our teacher ignored the question.

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

     The picture above is a picture of the high school that Merielle, Deanne, Jate and Amadio went to. The picture is not mine so, credits to the person who owns it.