Chapter 12: The Story of the Pacts We've Made

MERIELLE'S POV

     "*sigh* With amnesia or not, you still find yourself in trouble, don't you?" Lucifer asked me as I stood, once again, inside his bedroom. 

     Lucifer came just in time earlier to stop his brothers (minus Mammon) from eating me. I heard him telling all of them (this time, including Mammon) to go back to their rooms until lunch. He had the hardest time with Satan.

     Once everyone is in their respective rooms, I took slightly opened my door and took a peek. Lucifer stood there, in his demon form, glaring at me. He, then, told me to follow him to his room.

     Now, we are here inside his room and I am getting another lecture of a lifetime. Nah. I must be exaggerating too much, but still.

     Lucifer summarized everything that happened to make sure that he got it right. I confirmed that all of it is correct and I channeled up the courage to ask him the question that's been bugging my mind.

     "Lucifer, what happened to them? They seem to be acting like I controlled them against their will," I asked.

     "That you did," Lucifer said with a sly smile on his face.

     "WHAT?!" I shouted. What he told me was really unexpected.

     "You don't have to shout you know," he said with another frown.

     I did not want to be mean or rude or anything, but I ignored him and what he last said. I mean... me? Control? The demons?!

     "How did I do that?" I asked Lucifer.

     "You simply gave an order and they had no choice, but to follow your will," Lucifer explained.

     "How come I can do that? Can I do that to other demons as well?" I asked again.

     "No, you can't do that to the other demons, because the only demons who made a pact with are you are my brothers," he said all calmly.

     "Pact? What pact? When did they make a pact with me? Why can't I remember?" I asked frantically all at once.

     "You can't remember because you had amnesia, remember?" Lucifer said and flicked his fingers on my forehead. "Silly girl."

     "Oh... right," I said and facepalmed myself a little bit hard which caused my forehead to go red a little bit.

     "Why did you do that?" Lucifer asked with his eyes wide.

     "Because I was stupid that I forgot," I simply said and returned the subject of this whole pact thing. "Anyway, returning to the real subject... how did they end up in a pact with me?"

     Lucifer sighed, "It was all your doing."

     I listened to everything Lucifer said. I listened to every little detail as if my life depends on it. I listened as to how Levi and I teamed up to have Mammon have a pact with me, how I defeated Levi in a quiz and got him in a pact with me, how I earned Beelzebub's trust and have him in a pact with me, how I amazed Asmodeus that caused him to make a pact with me, how Satan decided to have a pact with me, and how Belphegor gave me his gift: the pact he has with me. I don't know how long I have been listening to Lucifer, but I don't mind. At least, now I know why they are mad at me. It is not really nice getting forced into doing something you don't want to. I get that.

     "I have to apologize to them," I said after Lucifer's explanation.

     "You can do during lunch," Lucifer said. "None of them are supposed to come out before dinner starts."

     "Yeah!" I said happily. Surely, they would understand that I forgot, right?

     "You'd better get back to your room as well," Lucifer said and I followed his order.

     It is still hours till lunch comes. I used my time to think of the right words to say to the demon brothers later. I don't want to get things much worst than it already is. I also explored my room and took out the stuff inside my treasure chest to look at its contents again. I do have to say, Solomon is good at knowing which things I want to bring here. I found my laptop inside the chest with a note from Solomon himself that he already cast a spell on my laptop so I could still use it here in Devildom. He also said to call him using my D.D.D.

     "What on Earth is a D.D.D.?" I asked myself as I picked up the dress that Asmo gave me on Diavolo's birthday party where I was also a guest of honor.

     I happen to hold the dress upside down and something black fell from its side pocket.

     "Oops," I said as I placed the dress back inside the chest and picked up the black object. 

     I looked at it more closely and realized that it is a cellphone! The back of the phone had a black crow logo and three unmistakable letters are printed beneath the back of the phone: D.D.D.

     So this is what a D.D.D. looks like. I tried turning it on, but it just won't open. Maybe it ran out of battery? I looked around the room earlier and I did saw a charger. Maybe it is a spare charger of this D.D.D.? Anyway, I used it. I charged my D.D.D. and waited for it to fully charge. I read the book that Satan gave me on Diavolo's birthday party to kill some time.

     Time did pass and it is time for lunch. I checked my D.D.D. if it is already fully charged. Alas, it is not. Nearly there, though. So, I left it charging inside my room. Before leaving, I returned the book inside my chest and double-checked if it is locked. When I made sure that it is, I walked towards the dining hall of the House of Lamentation while reciting in my head over and over how I would apologize to all of them.

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The picture above is a picture of Lucifer's bedroom. Have you spotted the skeleton yet? Hehe. Credits to the makers of that picture and credits to the makers of Obey Me!