Chapter 17: Get a Safe Idea

MERIELLE'S POV

     Because not everyone can already see me, I decided not to talk to Beelzebub, Lucifer, Mammon, and Leviathan when Asmodeus and Satan are around. I told them about this before breakfast, of course, and the good news that Belphie's spell is finally lifted, but they opposed the idea.

     "We had been mean enough to you by putting that spell in the first place," Levi had said.

     "Yeah, we are not ignoring you anymore," Belphie agreed.

      All of us went to breakfast together. Lucifer just eyed us with a smile the whole time while Asmo and Satan are eyeing their brothers when they are mentioning me. All of us went to school together, laughing and joking around. All of us seem to be in a good mood.

     "It is actually a good thing that Belphie and Levi woke up early today," Mammon mentioned.

     "More like a miracle!" Lucifer said.

     "What made you two wake up on time today?" Satan asked Belphie and Levi.

     "All of my games with competitions starts later today, so I slept early last night to be prepared for tonight!" Levi said proudly.

     "So, you slept well last night only to sleep late tonight?" Asmo said, sounding disappointed.

     "Well, I had a good night's sleep after a nightmare last night," Belphie said with a smile. "Merielle rescued me from the nightmare and made sure that I will have a good sleep."

     Satan and Asmodeus looked at Belphie weirdly.

     "You're in on this Merielle thing now, too, Belphie?" Asmo asked.

     "I thought you were better than that, believing in Mammon's stories and actually taking a part in it," Satan said as he shook his head sadly.

     "Now, am I?" Belphie said mysteriously with a smile. 

     He then inched a little more closer to me and held my hand as we walked. I can't help mustering a smile. We let go of each other's hands as soon as Mammon saw it and started pulling me away from Belphie. I guess I have a bodyguard. How sweet of Mammon!

     Soon, we arrived at RAD. Lucifer told Beelzebub that he is in charge of looking out for me for the whole day. He also did not forget to remind Mammon that he has to fix the marble statue that was broken because of the incident that he started.

     "You will help me, right, Merielle?" Mammon asked.

     "Of course, of course," I said with a sigh and a smile.

     "Just as long as the marble statue will be fixed," Lucifer said.

     We were all about to go to our designated classrooms, when an unanswered question popped in my head and I really just had to ask Lucifer about it. I asked Beelzebub to wait for me and ran back to call Lucifer. He was not very far away so I reached him immediately.

     "Lucifer!" I called out.

     Lucifer turned and asked, "Yes?"

     "You said your meeting with Diavolo was interrupted because I was in danger," I told him, making him remember that second day of mine here at RAD this year. 

     "What about it?" Lucifer asked.

     "How did you know that I was in danger?" I dared to ask.

     Lucifer mustered a smile, his eyes narrowing on me, like he knows a secret that I don't, and he probably does.

     "Because unlike my brothers," Lucifer said as he leaned closer and made eye contact with me. "I... am not yours."