Chapter 30: Mammon's Furball Fate

MERIELLE'S POV

     I am currently chilling out on my bed, listening to music on my phone while playing an online game using my D.D.D. that Levi introduced to me earlier. He said that I have been playing this with him on my first year here, but since I forgot how to play it, he let me play it with a Guest Account to refresh my mind on how it is played before he could let me continue on my original account of the game. I now know why I played this with Levi.

     "Mononoke Land isn't so bad," I muttered under my breath.

     *CREAK*

     I heard my room's door open and I looked over to see Mammon's back. He is looking towards the left and right and seems to be hiding from someone. Again.

     "Mammon? Is that you?" I asked, just to make sure.

     "Sshh!" he replied. Yep. Definitely Mammon.

     He slowly closed the door and as he did, I noticed something odd about him. He is wearing a hat and... what is that white fur ball on his butt?!

     Mammon completely closed my door when he seemed to have figured out that no one was around that saw him come in. Then, he faced me and slowly took off his hat...

     And revealed two, long, white bunny ears!

     My eyes widened and I opened my mouth because of this rare surprise. "Woah," was the only thing that I let out upon seeing him like this.

     "You gotta help me!" He pleaded.

     "Woah! Wait! You gotta explain to me everything! Tha-that is NOT bunny headbands?" I asked real fast.

     "J-just hear me outta here, will 'ya?" Mammon said in a frustrated tone.

     "Sit," I said and motioned him to sit on my bed beside me. He did without any complaints.

     "Okay," Mammon said and started explaining. "So, I was out with the witches today."

     "Witches? Are you becoming like Asmodeus now, Mammon?" I asked. Mammon going out and doing... stuff... with witches is so new!

     "What?! NO WAY!" Mammon said incredulously. "I was in debt with those witches. That's why they are making me do stuff they want."

     "So, you are in a pact with them?" I asked again.

     "No! I just have no choice but to do what they want!" Mammon said irritated. "Just let me finish first, will 'ya?"

     I sit up straight and motioned him to continue.

     And he did. "Just as I was sayin' before you EVER SO RUDELY INTERRUPTED ME," I rolled my eyes at him. "I was with those witches that force me to do stuffs they want forcefully. They really don't gimme a chance! Argh! They told me to go and bring them a limousine with that is filled with the most expensive Demonus... it is something like wine or beer, alright?"

    "I know what Demonus is," I confirmed him.

     "Shattup, will 'ya?" Mammon said again and more irritated this time.

     I shut up again. I won't interrupt this time. I don't want to mess up with him. I can see that he had never been so irritated like this before.

     "Where was I again?" Mammon asked after a ten-second pause.

     "They told you to get a limousine with Demonus inside," I reminded him.

     "I said DON'T INTERRUPT!" Mammon shouted.

     I felt my temper flare. "IDIOT! You just ASKED where were you in your little tale!"

     "Which I wouldn't have needed to ask if you don't keep interrupting me," Mammon said, a bit quieter now.

     "Just continue the story, please," I said as I leaned back on my bed.

     Mammon cleared his throat and continued. "I couldn't afford the most expensive Demonus right now because I just bought this really cool haunted box at an auction. They say that the last owner of the box died and he would is inside the box and when you whisper your deepest desire in it, it will come true eventually!" Personally, it sounds pretty fake to me. Oh, who am I to complain? I have seen weird things enough already in the past weeks. "Since I couldn't get exactly why they wanted, they placed a curse on me and made me sprout these bunny ears and a bunny tail!" Then, he showed to me and pointed the fluffy bunny tail behind him. 

     "Can't you just hide them by wearing a hat and wearing your pants over your tail?" I asked.

     "I wouldn't come to 'ya for help if that was the solution!" Mammon said with a sigh.

     "Just hoping. Maybe you didn't think of that," I said with a shrug.

     "Whaddya think of me? An idiot?" Mammon said.

     "I actually just called you that a few seconds ago. To add it all up, your brothers think you are," I said with a sheepish smile.

     "Whatever," Mammon said as if he is used to this and he might be. "The reason why I couldn't do that first option is that it is useless! They said that I will transform into an actual, tiny bunny when the sun rises!"

     "Won't work," I said confidently. "There is no sun in Devildom."

     "Doesn't mean there is no sunrise in the human world!" Mammon said and it made me shocked at his current fate of being a furball.

     "Okay! Okay!" I said a little bit panicked. "So, how to fix it?"

     "No idea!" Mammon said with a real, big frown.

     Great! Just when I think that things won't get topsy-turvy anymore, a new adventure greets me and enters my door. It just gave me a week of rest. *SIGH*